anyone use ocz 3700 gold rev 2 with a 8KNXP rev 1.0?

Tags:
  • Gigabyte
  • OCZ
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
Share
April 11, 2004 5:24:58 PM

I've been wanting to get some OCZ 3700 gold rev2 for my 8knxp...but
I'm not sure if it overclocks well with this motherboard. anyone have
good results? i currently use 1gb corsair 3200c2 with a 2.6 P4 HT
oc'ed to 3ghz (231 FSB, memory at 2-3-3-6 @ 185 Mhz (5:4 divider)).
would greatly appreciate any feedback. thanks.

More about : ocz 3700 gold rev 8knxp rev

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 12, 2004 1:57:55 PM

"Fox" <mrfox64@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I've been wanting to get some OCZ 3700 gold rev2 for my 8knxp...but
> I'm not sure if it overclocks well with this motherboard. anyone have
> good results? i currently use 1gb corsair 3200c2 with a 2.6 P4 HT
> oc'ed to 3ghz (231 FSB, memory at 2-3-3-6 @ 185 Mhz (5:4 divider)).
> would greatly appreciate any feedback. thanks.

I could not get AData DDR500 to operate above 225FSB 1:1 on a 8KNXP or
8I875. It isn't the RAM itself, because it easily did 250FSB 1:1 on a
cheaper Gigabyte 8IPE1000 Pro II. I even tried manually changing the
timings and disabling anything to do with the memory bus that made it
faster, still can't get over 225 1:1 on a Gigabyte 875P based board.

Steve
!