XP has a hard time mounting my external hard drive

i start windows xp, it has sp2 on it, then i power up my external oxford hard
drive and it does not load it correctly. it sees it but does not let me do
anything to it. i am going from a 6 pin to 4 pin firewire.

and when i reboot with the external on it still does not see it.

thanks!

Try upating the drivers on your computer for the FireWire (which may be
your chipset/motherboard drivers), then try to control it from Disk
Management (Right click on My Computer, click Manage, click Disk
Management).

-----
Nathan McNulty