Wireless Provisioning Service

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
March 2, 2005 4:11:03 PM

I used the WPS authoring tool to create xml pages to populate the wireless
zero configuration. Can someone tell me what API I can use to read the xml
files into the wireless zero service. Or if not an API what application.

Thanks in Advance,

Dave
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
March 15, 2005 7:55:55 PM

David,

I might be wrong but the WPS authoring tool you mention creates XML files
for use within WPS or Microsoft's "hotspot" technology. It's not exactly the
tool you'll need if you want to just create your own wireless profiles. See
the following CableGuy article for more information on WPS.
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/cabl...

If I'm following from your previous posts which Chris Gual attempted to
answer you would like to populate the preferred network list with your
preconfigured wireless profiles. If this is the case, then you will find it
easier to use the IProvisioningProfileWireless::CreateProfile interface
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/libr...)
i.e.

HRESULT
CreateProfile(
BSTR bstrXMLWirelessConfigProfile,
BSTR bstrXMLConnectionConfigProfile,
GUID *pAdapterInstanceGuid,
ULONG *pulStatus
);

Using this function, you can specify wireless profile through XML (see the
sample below ) and populate them into the preferred list which can be used
by the WZCSVC (ZeroConfig) service to connect. Here is an example of the
wireless profile XML data
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/libr...):

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<WirelessProfile
http:"//www.microsoft.com/provisioning/WirelessProfile">
<version>1</version>
<ssid>SampleWISPNet</ssid>
<connectionType>ESS</connectionType>
<authentication>WPAPSK</authentication>
<encryption>TKIP</encryption>
<networkKey>WirelessKey!0</networkKey>
<keyProvidedAutomatically>FALSE</keyProvidedAutomatically >
<IEEE802.1XEnabled>FALSE</IEEE802.1XEnabled>
</WirelessProfile>

--
Oliver
This posting is provided "AS IS", with NO warranties and confers NO rights

news:D 1866552-F799-4A2C-8C8C-35412DA4948D@microsoft.com...

!