FYI: 8KNXP rev 1 bios F10 report

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
April 16, 2004 1:57:17 AM

For those that are wondering about this bios...

I got board (sic) today and had a compelling reason (read excuse) to bung
this bios in and all appears OK so far.
My reason was to do with potential IO problems - that were not appearing but
being reported in a 6 GB database. It does look like the DB is corrupt...

So..

The relevant stuff:

Prior to upgrade:
Bios F6
using RAID 1 on ICH5R using 2 x Seagate 120GB SATA's.
In IAA (splash says version 3.5.0.?)
Under Device Info,
Storage Kit version = 3.0.0.2246
Driver Version = 3.5.0.2568
(This driver came from Intel I think as I had to do a recovery off an Asus
raid volume with later driver versions and could not read the disc without
it).

After upgrade:
Bios F10
(I installed the latest IAA from intel as well.....)
Storage Kit Version = 3.5.2.2847 (the intel site labels this as the 3.5.3
'kit')
Raid Option Rom version = 3.5.0.2568
Driver version = 3.5.0.2568

If only the read me files for the Intel stuff would detail file and program
versions!!!!

The new IAA integrated help documents now that Raid 0 and 1 conversions will
work online ( I still havn'e tried it although someone else reckoned it does
work), and there is a new option to disable the write cache.

I noticed that the ITE / Gigaraid controller reported a bios version of
v1.41.
I did not notice the SIL version sorry - if you need it post bck and let me
know as I have it disabled along with the ITE.

The bios does appear cleaner in that it now displays the presence of the
SATA drives connected to the ICH5R in the bios first screen.

Its only been in a few hours.... no crashes yet, so maybe it is stable :)
First time I have seen the flash program concerned - ugliest sod! But it has
the ability to insert / delete / list modules in the bios.

HTH someone
- Tim
April 16, 2004 10:13:57 PM

Where do you guys get this "F10" designation from? I only see letters to
define a bios?

Thanks

Don

"Tim" <Tim@NoSpam.com> wrote in message news:c5lmcc$44s$1@lust.ihug.co.nz...
> For those that are wondering about this bios...
>
> I got board (sic) today and had a compelling reason (read excuse) to bung
> this bios in and all appears OK so far.
> My reason was to do with potential IO problems - that were not appearing
but
> being reported in a 6 GB database. It does look like the DB is corrupt...
>
> So..
>
> The relevant stuff:
>
> Prior to upgrade:
> Bios F6
> using RAID 1 on ICH5R using 2 x Seagate 120GB SATA's.
> In IAA (splash says version 3.5.0.?)
> Under Device Info,
> Storage Kit version = 3.0.0.2246
> Driver Version = 3.5.0.2568
> (This driver came from Intel I think as I had to do a recovery off an Asus
> raid volume with later driver versions and could not read the disc without
> it).
>
> After upgrade:
> Bios F10
> (I installed the latest IAA from intel as well.....)
> Storage Kit Version = 3.5.2.2847 (the intel site labels this as the 3.5.3
> 'kit')
> Raid Option Rom version = 3.5.0.2568
> Driver version = 3.5.0.2568
>
> If only the read me files for the Intel stuff would detail file and
program
> versions!!!!
>
> The new IAA integrated help documents now that Raid 0 and 1 conversions
will
> work online ( I still havn'e tried it although someone else reckoned it
does
> work), and there is a new option to disable the write cache.
>
> I noticed that the ITE / Gigaraid controller reported a bios version of
> v1.41.
> I did not notice the SIL version sorry - if you need it post bck and let
me
> know as I have it disabled along with the ITE.
>
> The bios does appear cleaner in that it now displays the presence of the
> SATA drives connected to the ICH5R in the bios first screen.
>
> Its only been in a few hours.... no crashes yet, so maybe it is stable :)
> First time I have seen the flash program concerned - ugliest sod! But it
has
> the ability to insert / delete / list modules in the bios.
>
> HTH someone
> - Tim

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 16, 2004 10:13:58 PM

Rev 1 of the board has numbers and Rev 2 has letters. The gigabyte site
lets you search for either bios set.

--

Stephen Sherman

"MTech" <daycareguru2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Where do you guys get this "F10" designation from? I only see letters to
> define a bios?
>
> Thanks
>
> Don
>
> "Tim" <Tim@NoSpam.com> wrote in message
> > For those that are wondering about this bios...
> >
> > I got board (sic) today and had a compelling reason (read excuse) to
bung
> > this bios in and all appears OK so far.
> > My reason was to do with potential IO problems - that were not appearing
> but
> > being reported in a 6 GB database. It does look like the DB is
corrupt...

> > So..
> >
> > The relevant stuff:
> >
> > Prior to upgrade:
> > Bios F6
> > using RAID 1 on ICH5R using 2 x Seagate 120GB SATA's.
> > In IAA (splash says version 3.5.0.?)
> > Under Device Info,
> > Storage Kit version = 3.0.0.2246
> > Driver Version = 3.5.0.2568
> > (This driver came from Intel I think as I had to do a recovery off an
Asus
> > raid volume with later driver versions and could not read the disc
without
> > it).
> >
> > After upgrade:
> > Bios F10
> > (I installed the latest IAA from intel as well.....)
> > Storage Kit Version = 3.5.2.2847 (the intel site labels this as the
3.5.3
> > 'kit')
> > Raid Option Rom version = 3.5.0.2568
> > Driver version = 3.5.0.2568
> >
> > If only the read me files for the Intel stuff would detail file and
> program
> > versions!!!!
> >
> > The new IAA integrated help documents now that Raid 0 and 1 conversions
> will
> > work online ( I still havn'e tried it although someone else reckoned it
> does
> > work), and there is a new option to disable the write cache.
> >
> > I noticed that the ITE / Gigaraid controller reported a bios version of
> > v1.41.
> > I did not notice the SIL version sorry - if you need it post bck and
let
> me
> > know as I have it disabled along with the ITE.
> >
> > The bios does appear cleaner in that it now displays the presence of the
> > SATA drives connected to the ICH5R in the bios first screen.
> >
> > Its only been in a few hours.... no crashes yet, so maybe it is stable
:)
> > First time I have seen the flash program concerned - ugliest sod! But it
> has
> > the ability to insert / delete / list modules in the bios.
> >
> > HTH someone
> > - Tim

---
a b V Motherboard
April 17, 2004 2:54:32 PM

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 18:13:57 -0400, "MTech" <daycareguru2@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Where do you guys get this "F10" designation from? I only see letters to
>define a bios?
>
>Thanks
>
>Don

It depends on the board version

F10 2004/3/5

Update Micro code

Rev 2 is letters..

>"Tim" <Tim@NoSpam.com> wrote in message news:c5lmcc$44s$1@lust.ihug.co.nz...
>> For those that are wondering about this bios...
>>
>> I got board (sic) today and had a compelling reason (read excuse) to bung
>> this bios in and all appears OK so far.
>> My reason was to do with potential IO problems - that were not appearing
>but
>> being reported in a 6 GB database. It does look like the DB is corrupt...
>>
>> So..
>>
>> The relevant stuff:
>>
>> Prior to upgrade:
>> Bios F6
>> using RAID 1 on ICH5R using 2 x Seagate 120GB SATA's.
>> In IAA (splash says version 3.5.0.?)
>> Under Device Info,
>> Storage Kit version = 3.0.0.2246
>> Driver Version = 3.5.0.2568
>> (This driver came from Intel I think as I had to do a recovery off an Asus
>> raid volume with later driver versions and could not read the disc without
>> it).
>>
>> After upgrade:
>> Bios F10
>> (I installed the latest IAA from intel as well.....)
>> Storage Kit Version = 3.5.2.2847 (the intel site labels this as the 3.5.3
>> 'kit')
>> Raid Option Rom version = 3.5.0.2568
>> Driver version = 3.5.0.2568
>>
>> If only the read me files for the Intel stuff would detail file and
>program
>> versions!!!!
>>
>> The new IAA integrated help documents now that Raid 0 and 1 conversions
>will
>> work online ( I still havn'e tried it although someone else reckoned it
>does
>> work), and there is a new option to disable the write cache.
>>
>> I noticed that the ITE / Gigaraid controller reported a bios version of
>> v1.41.
>> I did not notice the SIL version sorry - if you need it post bck and let
>me
>> know as I have it disabled along with the ITE.
>>
>> The bios does appear cleaner in that it now displays the presence of the
>> SATA drives connected to the ICH5R in the bios first screen.
>>
>> Its only been in a few hours.... no crashes yet, so maybe it is stable :)
>> First time I have seen the flash program concerned - ugliest sod! But it
>has
>> the ability to insert / delete / list modules in the bios.
>>
>> HTH someone
>> - Tim

April 18, 2004 2:35:02 AM

Ah, got it. Thanks for clearing that up:-)

Don