Hi. A network job was sent to my printer and it never did print. All it
printed was endless amount of pages with a few characters and symbols and the
top until i turned it off. It's an HP LaserJet4 on XP SP2. I turned off my
computer and booted, and as soon as i turned on my printer, it started
churning out pages and pages until i stopped it again. I put in another HDD
with XP on the same computer and the printer works. So I know its not the
Parallel Port. So I conclude it is software. I opened up the printer status,
paused it, cancelled all documents, nothing. I deleted the driver and
reinstalled it from the HP site, still no luck. If i disable the parallel
port in the bios, the problem naturally doesn't occur (but i still know its
not the printer due to above test.) Is it possible the job is stuck in the
printer spooling files on the computer? Can i delete them? Any ideas would be
appreciated. Thank you.

Most electrical machines,devices,to reset them sometimes the only way is
to unplug them for 30 seconds or so.

"Varin Gosein" wrote:

> Hi. A network job was sent to my printer and it never did print. All it
> printed was endless amount of pages with a few characters and symbols and the
> top until i turned it off. It's an HP LaserJet4 on XP SP2. I turned off my
> computer and booted, and as soon as i turned on my printer, it started
> churning out pages and pages until i stopped it again. I put in another HDD
> with XP on the same computer and the printer works. So I know its not the
> Parallel Port. So I conclude it is software. I opened up the printer status,
> paused it, cancelled all documents, nothing. I deleted the driver and
> reinstalled it from the HP site, still no luck. If i disable the parallel
> port in the bios, the problem naturally doesn't occur (but i still know its
> not the printer due to above test.) Is it possible the job is stuck in the
> printer spooling files on the computer? Can i delete them? Any ideas would be
> appreciated. Thank you.

peter

Hi,

Try this way:
Right click My Computer/Manage/Serivcies & Applications/Services,
In the right pane, navigate to Print Spooler, right click and then select to
stop the service and change it from auto start to manual start.
Go to control panel and click the printer and fax icon, right click on the
printer icon and check to ensure there is no print queue, clear/cancel the
print job, if any.
Reboot the PC, go to services/print spooler again, change to auto start and
then click to start the service.
Check your printer again.
Post back to NG if you still encounter problems.

Hope it helps.

Peter

"Varin Gosein" wrote:

> Hi. A network job was sent to my printer and it never did print. All it
> printed was endless amount of pages with a few characters and symbols and the
> top until i turned it off. It's an HP LaserJet4 on XP SP2. I turned off my
> computer and booted, and as soon as i turned on my printer, it started
> churning out pages and pages until i stopped it again. I put in another HDD
> with XP on the same computer and the printer works. So I know its not the
> Parallel Port. So I conclude it is software. I opened up the printer status,
> paused it, cancelled all documents, nothing. I deleted the driver and
> reinstalled it from the HP site, still no luck. If i disable the parallel
> port in the bios, the problem naturally doesn't occur (but i still know its
> not the printer due to above test.) Is it possible the job is stuck in the
> printer spooling files on the computer? Can i delete them? Any ideas would be
> appreciated. Thank you.

TRENDING THREADS