no post test, no graphics on a ga-7dxe

Diesel

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

hi

i have an odd problem. i just built a pc using the above board and now have
some problems.

it came on once ok and i got into the bios and made the settings, then
carried on to fdisk the hdd then the pc switched off.

no matter how many times since that i have turned it on, it will not display
anything on the monitor, i have no post beeps at all, and i have even tried
a new graphics card.

any suggestions, so far i have:-

reset the bios by removing the battery.
tried a new graphics card.
tried the bus rate.
checked the monitor.
kicked the bl**dy thing around the room.

actually i lied about the last one but im seriously contemplating it.

i really would apreaceate the help on this on

diesel wrote:

> hi
>
> i have an odd problem. i just built a pc using the above board and now
> have some problems.
>
> it came on once ok and i got into the bios and made the settings, then
> carried on to fdisk the hdd then the pc switched off.
>
> no matter how many times since that i have turned it on, it will not
> display anything on the monitor, i have no post beeps at all, and i
> have even tried a new graphics card.
>
> any suggestions, so far i have:-
>
> reset the bios by removing the battery. tried a new graphics card.
> tried the bus rate. checked the monitor. kicked the bl**dy thing
> around the room.
>
> actually i lied about the last one but im seriously contemplating it.
>
> i really would apreaceate the help on this on

If you are getting no power at all (power LED stays off and no fans or
drives spin up when you press the power button), make sure your
motherboard is properly mounted. This happened with a system that I
built a few years ago: it worked initially, then stopped entirely. It
turned out that the motherboard wasn't quite perfectly aligned in the
case, and a solder joint on the back of the board was touching the case,
shorting the power out. If you do this and still nothing, try taking the
motherboard out of the case and setting it up on a table to further rule
out this possibility.

Diesel

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Sorry Jim

Forgot to mention that power is going to all the items ok, including the
graphics card.

got a feelling the board if faulty.

"Jim Schuster" <xeno@removethis.1st.net> wrote in message
> diesel wrote:
>
> > hi
> >
> > i have an odd problem. i just built a pc using the above board and now
> > have some problems.
> >
> > it came on once ok and i got into the bios and made the settings, then
> > carried on to fdisk the hdd then the pc switched off.
> >
> > no matter how many times since that i have turned it on, it will not
> > display anything on the monitor, i have no post beeps at all, and i
> > have even tried a new graphics card.
> >
> > any suggestions, so far i have:-
> >
> > reset the bios by removing the battery. tried a new graphics card.
> > tried the bus rate. checked the monitor. kicked the bl**dy thing
> > around the room.
> >
> > actually i lied about the last one but im seriously contemplating it.
> >
> > i really would apreaceate the help on this on
>
> If you are getting no power at all (power LED stays off and no fans or
> drives spin up when you press the power button), make sure your
> motherboard is properly mounted. This happened with a system that I
> built a few years ago: it worked initially, then stopped entirely. It
> turned out that the motherboard wasn't quite perfectly aligned in the
> case, and a solder joint on the back of the board was touching the case,
> shorting the power out. If you do this and still nothing, try taking the
> motherboard out of the case and setting it up on a table to further rule
> out this possibility.

I also had something like that happen. It worked though after I unplugged a
USB mouse.

"diesel" <diesel.d@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> hi
>
> i have an odd problem. i just built a pc using the above board and now
have
> some problems.
>
> it came on once ok and i got into the bios and made the settings, then
> carried on to fdisk the hdd then the pc switched off.
>
> no matter how many times since that i have turned it on, it will not
display
> anything on the monitor, i have no post beeps at all, and i have even
tried
> a new graphics card.
>
> any suggestions, so far i have:-
>
> reset the bios by removing the battery.
> tried a new graphics card.
> tried the bus rate.
> checked the monitor.
> kicked the bl**dy thing around the room.
>
> actually i lied about the last one but im seriously contemplating it.
>
> i really would apreaceate the help on this on

TRENDING THREADS