Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

GbE LAN

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
November 5, 2004 5:29:05 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

I have a Asus P4C800E Deluxe running XP Pro SP2, and I have an annoyance.
I use the onboard GbE LAN (Intel 82547EI chip) to connect to a
Linksys BEFW11S4 (v1) router/switch. The GbE driver is set to
100 Mb/s FDX, but the router's Full/Coll LED is off for this port.

The problem is not with the router's LED, since it turns on when
the driver is unloaded (i.e., during booting of the XP PC).

The Intel PROSet driver reports itself as: e1000325.sys, v7.0.37.0.
This is the driver that came with the P4C800E MB. I've been to the Asus,
Intel, and M$ sites looking for a newer driver, but found nothing.

Any help out there? Anybody know where to get a newer driver? Anybody
understand the cause? Anybody else seen this bugette?

Cross-posted to 3 NGs.
--
TIA & Cheers, Bob

More about : gbe lan

Anonymous
November 6, 2004 12:25:56 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

"Bob Willard" <BobwBSGS@TrashThis.comcast.net> wrote in message
news:o p$p322wEHA.2316@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>I have a Asus P4C800E Deluxe running XP Pro SP2, and I have an annoyance.
> I use the onboard GbE LAN (Intel 82547EI chip) to connect to a
> [...]
> The Intel PROSet driver reports itself as: e1000325.sys, v7.0.37.0.
> This is the driver that came with the P4C800E MB. I've been to the Asus,
> Intel, and M$ sites looking for a newer driver, but found nothing.
>
> Any help out there? Anybody know where to get a newer driver? Anybody
> understand the cause? Anybody else seen this bugette?

Hi Bob,

I don't know if this will solve your problem, but a newer driver can be
found here:

http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df/File_Filter....

Good luck!

--
regards,
David Hollway [MVP, Windows Networking]
Anonymous
November 6, 2004 6:18:08 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

David Hollway [MVP] wrote:
> "Bob Willard" <BobwBSGS@TrashThis.comcast.net> wrote in message
> news:o p$p322wEHA.2316@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>
>>I have a Asus P4C800E Deluxe running XP Pro SP2, and I have an annoyance.
>>I use the onboard GbE LAN (Intel 82547EI chip) to connect to a
>>[...]
>>The Intel PROSet driver reports itself as: e1000325.sys, v7.0.37.0.
>>This is the driver that came with the P4C800E MB. I've been to the Asus,
>>Intel, and M$ sites looking for a newer driver, but found nothing.
>>
>>Any help out there? Anybody know where to get a newer driver? Anybody
>>understand the cause? Anybody else seen this bugette?
>
>
> Hi Bob,
>
> I don't know if this will solve your problem, but a newer driver can be
> found here:
>
> http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df/File_Filter....
>
> Good luck!
>

Got it. Thanks.
--
Cheers, Bob
!