8KNXP rev1 and rev2

I know that has been asked before, but my newsreader isn't letting me
search.

What are the differences between rev1 and rev2 of the 8KNXP?

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 17:18:08 GMT, "Alphad" <alphad77@hotmail.com>
waffled on about something:

>I know that has been asked before, but my newsreader isn't letting me
>search.
>
>What are the differences between rev1 and rev2 of the 8KNXP?

They changed the onboard sound chip.

D0d6y.
--
MUSHROOMS ARE THE OPIATE OF THE MOOSES

I received a rev2 to replace a rev1 from gigabyte. I'm running WinXP on
Intels SATA (raid 1) ports. Will i have to reinstall windowsxp or are the
boards similar enough where i wont have to make software changes?

"Alphad" <alphad77@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I know that has been asked before, but my newsreader isn't letting me
>search.
>
> What are the differences between rev1 and rev2 of the 8KNXP?

I've got a single HDD that is connected to SATA0-SB (Intel) and
remapped to IDE Primary Master (I'm running 98SE + XP).
I didn't make any software or driver changes after replacing my rev1.0
with a rev2.0 board. No problem at all.

P.S.: I don't have RAID. But, are you sure that you are running RAID1
on Intel SATA ports? I read in user's manual that these two ports
support RAID0 only.

Orhan

$GR.1463400@attbi_s01>...

Alphad wrote:
> I know that has been asked before, but my newsreader isn't letting me
> search.
>
> What are the differences between rev1 and rev2 of the 8KNXP?

And if only difference is audio chip why

rev1 rev2
Intel P4-Extreme 3.4G 800 - -
Intel P4-Extreme 3.2G 800 - OK
Intel P4-Extreme 3.0G 800 - OK
Intel P4-Prescott 3.4G 800 - OK
Intel P4-Prescott 3.2G 800 OK OK

rev 1 isn't supporting p4 extreme or 3.4 prescot/northwood ?

Is only a commercial things ? (for sell more rev2)

thanks

Andres Zanzani
Rimini, Italy
La Mia NUOVA Pagina DIVX http://www.64k.it/andres
Try Easyband http://web.tiscali.it/majerle

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 17:18:08 GMT, "Alphad" <alphad77@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I know that has been asked before, but my newsreader isn't letting me
>search.
>
>What are the differences between rev1 and rev2 of the 8KNXP?

Sound IC ..

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 08:34:10 +0200, "Bryan Majerle"
<majerle@hotpop.com> waffled on about something:

>Alphad wrote:
>> I know that has been asked before, but my newsreader isn't letting me
>> search.
>>
>> What are the differences between rev1 and rev2 of the 8KNXP?
>
>And if only difference is audio chip why
>
> rev1 rev2
> Intel P4-Extreme 3.4G 800 - -
> Intel P4-Extreme 3.2G 800 - OK
> Intel P4-Extreme 3.0G 800 - OK
> Intel P4-Prescott 3.4G 800 - OK
> Intel P4-Prescott 3.2G 800 OK OK
>

>rev 1 isn't supporting p4 extreme or 3.4 prescot/northwood ?
>
>Is only a commercial things ? (for sell more rev2)

I think that's purely down to bios. I believe the latest rev1 bios
supports all the above.

Gigabyte aren't trying to push one in favour over the other, they
don't make rev1s anymore.

D0d6y.
--

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 21:44:44 GMT, "Alphad" <alphad77@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I received a rev2 to replace a rev1 from gigabyte. I'm running WinXP on
>Intels SATA (raid 1) ports. Will i have to reinstall windowsxp or are the
>boards similar enough where i wont have to make software changes?

Just the New Sound Drivers..

>"Alphad" <alphad77@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I know that has been asked before, but my newsreader isn't letting me
>>search.
>>
>> What are the differences between rev1 and rev2 of the 8KNXP?

TRENDING THREADS