Copying files from hard drive

Hello,

My computer died (which uses XP), so I'm using another computer (that uses
XP) until I get it fixed. I run a small business and there are folders I
need from desktop from the old computer. I've taken the hard drive out, put
it into my new pc and saved shared files that I needed, however I am not able
to access my desktop from the old hard drive. It says "access denied" for
the desktop file only. I'm wondering if it's because I had a password on
that user.

So to confirm... I put the old hard drive in the new pc, I was able to copy
most files/folder I needed, however am not able to access a few that were
saved on my desktop. With the hard drive connected to my new pc, am I able
to remove the password... or does the fact that it denies access mean the
folders are now corrupt.

I'd appreciate any suggestions or advice!!

Thanks,
Laura
laurak331@aol.com

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823306