Wireless connection

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
March 2, 2005 5:01:10 PM

I seem to have a default wireless connection, which has suddenley appeared on
my laptop. Is the time spent on the internet via this connection still payed
for the account set up with AOL for the dial up connection?
Sorry but I'm new to this wireless technology.

More about : wireless connection

March 2, 2005 6:30:55 PM

Rowena wrote:

> I seem to have a default wireless connection, which has suddenley
> appeared on my laptop. Is the time spent on the internet via this
> connection still payed for the account set up with AOL for the dial up
> connection? Sorry but I'm new to this wireless technology.

If you only have a dialup Internet connection at home and a wireless
network has shown up on your laptop and you're able to connect to it,
then one of your neighbors has an unsecured wireless broadband
connection and it is theirs that you are using. Draw your own
conclusions as to who is paying for it (obviously not you).

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
Elephant Boy Computers