madooo12

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
really! this shows that apple fanboys outnumber geeks by a very large number

but I really expect the bubble to blow up and apple would be like RIM and kodak

Steelseries

Honorable
May 3, 2012
Regardless of whether or not you are an Apple fanboy (personally, I'm a Droid man), you have to admit they are an impressive company. They deliver quality products which are also visually appealing.
They may be overpriced in comparison to their counterparts, but when you look at how they apply marketing to create a huge hype over something so simple, they deserve recognition

buckcm

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2009
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]Anyone wonder why we pay so much for gas ?3 Oil Companies are in the top 4 spots ![/citation]

Exxon is the only one of those oil companies to beat Apple in profit. High revenue doesn't mean they overcharge.

subaru41

Feb 6, 2006
I just had the same reaction to this article as I did when the front page of Yahoo stated that Justin Beiber was the top selling music artist. the reaction was " Wow, there are sure of a lot of stupid people in this world. Who would buy this crap?"

G

[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]Anyone wonder why we pay so much for gas ?3 Oil Companies are in the top 4 spots ![/citation]

That is a good point. So why is the 3 oil companies having one of the best years on profit and US gas prices are one of the highest ever? I hear this bull crap that there is a shortage, but if that was true, wouldn't their profits be way down, and more news on shortages of fuel?

rosen380

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2011

Well, look at it this way-- Exxon was way above everyone else in terms of profit at $41B... but their profit on gasoline is all of SEVEN CENTS per gallon. Just think about that. They could dig up, refine and transport every drop of gasoline at cost and it would save you all of a buck or so per fill-up.

To put that in perspective, your state and federal governments take between $0.36 and $0.66 per gallon!

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
[citation][nom]rosen380[/nom]Well, look at it this way-- Exxon was way above everyone else in terms of profit at $41B... but their profit on gasoline is all of SEVEN CENTS per gallon. Just think about that. They could dig up, refine and transport every drop of gasoline at cost and it would save you all of a buck or so per fill-up.To put that in perspective, your state and federal governments take between $0.36 and $0.66 per gallon![/citation]

You're confusing Exxon with 7-Eleven bro.

USHypertraxx

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012
[citation][nom]madooo12[/nom]really! this shows that apple fanboys outnumber geeks by a very large numberbut I really expect the bubble to blow up and apple would be like RIM and kodak[/citation]
I disliked your comment, because RIM is a good company. It's just not for kids who want to game on their phones -.-' kids these days.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
" They deliver quality products which are also visually appealing."

You tell the people the same thing enough times and they start believing it. The last time I checked there was no micro sd slot in the iPhone.

randomkid

Distinguished
"If you leave revenue aside for a moment and want to talk about pure profits, the list looks quite different. Apple's near $26 billion in profits would place it at number three with Microsoft close behind. The Redmond-based company's $23 billion in profits would be enough to snag it the number four spot. IBM would just make the top 10 list for profits, slipping in at number nine with 15.8 billion, while Intel would just miss out, placing 12th on the list. Google would place at number 18, while HP, which enjoyed 10th place on the list when comparing revenues, would place at number 24."

- Now you know exactly who rips you off the most...

sundragon

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
[citation][nom]randomkid[/nom]"If you leave revenue aside for a moment and want to talk about pure profits, the list looks quite different. Apple's near $26 billion in profits would place it at number three with Microsoft close behind. The Redmond-based company's $23 billion in profits would be enough to snag it the number four spot. IBM would just make the top 10 list for profits, slipping in at number nine with 15.8 billion, while Intel would just miss out, placing 12th on the list. Google would place at number 18, while HP, which enjoyed 10th place on the list when comparing revenues, would place at number 24."- Now you know exactly who rips you off the most...[/citation]

Evil evil apple... God forbid they make a profit. God forbid they put a product on the market that Samsung, Dell and Toshiba would sell their grandma for...

Sorry to break the news. We are studying Apple in business school. Harvard Business Review has over a dozen articles that use Apple as a positive case. I know, because we are reading them.

They make a good product and it sells - no smoke, no magic.

All the hate on this forum is ridiculous. Some of it is well founded in logic, but a lot of it is just misguided hate.... it reminds me that people love to tear down anything/anyone successful.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]sundragon[/nom]Evil evil apple... God forbid they make a profit. God forbid they put a product on the market that Samsung, Dell and Toshiba would sell their grandma for...Sorry to break the news. We are studying Apple in business school. Harvard Business Review has over a dozen articles that use Apple as a positive case. I know, because we are reading them.They make a good product and it sells - no smoke, no magic. All the hate on this forum is ridiculous. Some of it is well founded in logic, but a lot of it is just misguided hate.... it reminds me that people love to tear down anything/anyone successful.[/citation]

so putting together a 200$ product and than over charging the crap out of it,
tieing it to one company, the worst one in america, assuming you they are getting large kick backs for that
locking the crap out of the phone
making the phone hell to manage anything on
you are holding it wrong
price fixing investigation on ebooks,
look at what they charge for more ram

yea, they are a great company for being able to sell that pos in the quantities they are, but i will NEVER say they are a good company by consumers.

this is not a company you should ever look at in a positive light.

randomkid

Distinguished

With you us our future generation of businessmen, I really get nervous for the consumers... :pt1cable:

madjimms

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2011
Guys complaining about gas prices being so high.... If it was lower, people would simply use more gas making the price go up because demand would go up & vice versa... Also, remember there is a finite amount of crude oil... If the oil companies didn't ration it out over several centuries we would end up with a BIG mess. Expect gas to rise (fairly) slowly over the next hundred years as we deplete the remaining.

Steelseries

Honorable
May 3, 2012

Because the lack of one or two features means its not a quality product right?

actionjksn

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
[citation][nom]fulle[/nom]You're confusing Exxon with 7-Eleven bro.[/citation]

So who is getting all the money then? Because whoever it is they are pissing me off.

actionjksn

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
[citation][nom]sundragon[/nom]Evil evil apple... God forbid they make a profit. God forbid they put a product on the market that Samsung, Dell and Toshiba would sell their grandma for...Sorry to break the news. We are studying Apple in business school. Harvard Business Review has over a dozen articles that use Apple as a positive case. I know, because we are reading them.They make a good product and it sells - no smoke, no magic. All the hate on this forum is ridiculous. Some of it is well founded in logic, but a lot of it is just misguided hate.... it reminds me that people love to tear down anything/anyone successful.[/citation]

But why is it always OK to do it to Microsoft and Intel but yet there is something wrong if people do it to Apple. I wouldn't be surprised if you have piled on Microsoft when they were the top dog and Apple was a nobody. Looks like a lot of double standards when it comes to Apple and even Google. I guess if you have the right image it's OK to to be an "Evil Empire"

rosen380

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2011
How do you think we get from oil buried miles under ground [and perhaps under oceans as well], to gasoline at YOUR local gas stations??

It costs money to FIND where the oil is... then drilling down miles to get to it. Then transport to a refinery to be refined into gasoline, kerosene, etc. Then, those fuels need to be stored and transported all over the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.