I am on my second dvd double layer drive and second pack of disks. Both
drives did not recognize the DVD+R DL discs. Using Windows XP SP2, Sony
DRU700A and DRU710. DVD RW and R discs work fine. Why not the DL discs?

What software are you using for DVD recording?
www.coribright.com

"rdiff" <rdiff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am on my second dvd double layer drive and second pack of disks. Both
> drives did not recognize the DVD+R DL discs. Using Windows XP SP2, Sony
> DRU700A and DRU710. DVD RW and R discs work fine. Why not the DL discs?

I have used Studio 9, Nero 6 Ultra. Going into "my computer" and selecting
the drive with the DVD+R DL disk, just says no valid media or please insert
disk.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> What software are you using for DVD recording?
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP) Windows Client - Printing/Imaging and Hardware
> www.coribright.com
>
> "rdiff" <rdiff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am on my second dvd double layer drive and second pack of disks. Both
> > drives did not recognize the DVD+R DL discs. Using Windows XP SP2, Sony
> > DRU700A and DRU710. DVD RW and R discs work fine. Why not the DL discs?

peter

Hi,

Are you using the media recommended by Sony?

Peter

"rdiff" wrote:

> I have used Studio 9, Nero 6 Ultra. Going into "my computer" and selecting
> the drive with the DVD+R DL disk, just says no valid media or please insert
> disk.
>
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
> > What software are you using for DVD recording?
> > --
> > Cari (MS-MVP) Windows Client - Printing/Imaging and Hardware
> > www.coribright.com
> >
> > "rdiff" <rdiff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I am on my second dvd double layer drive and second pack of disks. Both
> > > drives did not recognize the DVD+R DL discs. Using Windows XP SP2, Sony
> > > DRU700A and DRU710. DVD RW and R discs work fine. Why not the DL discs?

I have used the only discs I can find which are the verbatin dvd+r dl discks.
I bought one pack on line and another at Best Buy. After I put a disc in, I
check my computer and the drive goes from a dvd drive to a cd drive. I
thought this had something to do with media pools and local security policies
but was unable to find the answer there. When I look at the media pools
available dvd+r dl is not available.

"Peter" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Are you using the media recommended by Sony?
>
> Peter
>

> "rdiff" wrote:
>
> > I have used Studio 9, Nero 6 Ultra. Going into "my computer" and selecting
> > the drive with the DVD+R DL disk, just says no valid media or please insert
> > disk.
> >
> > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
> >
> > > What software are you using for DVD recording?
> > > --
> > > Cari (MS-MVP) Windows Client - Printing/Imaging and Hardware
> > > www.coribright.com
> > >
> > > "rdiff" <rdiff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

peter

Hi,

Have you tried to install the burning softwares that bundled with the Sony
DVD burner?
Pls try using that software and post back to NG.

Peter

"rdiff" wrote:

> I have used the only discs I can find which are the verbatin dvd+r dl discks.
> I bought one pack on line and another at Best Buy. After I put a disc in, I
> check my computer and the drive goes from a dvd drive to a cd drive. I
> thought this had something to do with media pools and local security policies
> but was unable to find the answer there. When I look at the media pools
> available dvd+r dl is not available.
>

> "Peter" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Are you using the media recommended by Sony?
> >
> > Peter
> >

> > "rdiff" wrote:
> >
> > > I have used Studio 9, Nero 6 Ultra. Going into "my computer" and selecting
> > > the drive with the DVD+R DL disk, just says no valid media or please insert
> > > disk.

Installed the software and was able to do a back up to the DL disc using Nero
back up. My computer still sees the drive as empty. I don't if its supposed
to be that way or not.

"Peter" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Have you tried to install the burning softwares that bundled with the Sony
> DVD burner?
> Pls try using that software and post back to NG.
>
> Peter
>

> "rdiff" wrote:
>
> > I have used the only discs I can find which are the verbatin dvd+r dl discks.
> > I bought one pack on line and another at Best Buy. After I put a disc in, I
> > check my computer and the drive goes from a dvd drive to a cd drive. I
> > thought this had something to do with media pools and local security policies
> > but was unable to find the answer there. When I look at the media pools
> > available dvd+r dl is not available.
> >

> > "Peter" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Are you using the media recommended by Sony?
> > >
> > > Peter

peter

Hi,

As you can burned to DVD DL disk using Nero Backup, can you retrive the
data from the DVD DL disk. Also check that the disk can be read by other
DVD-rom.
Pls post back to NG.

Peter

"rdiff" wrote:

> Installed the software and was able to do a back up to the DL disc using Nero
> back up. My computer still sees the drive as empty. I don't if its supposed
> to be that way or not.
>
> "Peter" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Have you tried to install the burning softwares that bundled with the Sony
> > DVD burner?
> > Pls try using that software and post back to NG.
> >
> > Peter
> >

> > "rdiff" wrote:
> >
> > > I have used the only discs I can find which are the verbatin dvd+r dl discks.
> > > I bought one pack on line and another at Best Buy. After I put a disc in, I
> > > check my computer and the drive goes from a dvd drive to a cd drive. I
> > > thought this had something to do with media pools and local security policies
> > > but was unable to find the answer there. When I look at the media pools
> > > available dvd+r dl is not available.

I have a SONY710UL Dual Layer Drive and all of a sudden, it does not
recognize blank CD-Rs any more. It still burns and reads DVDs fine, but not
CD-Rs. What happened?

I have Windows XP2 Service pack and all the latest NERO Updates
Nero-6.6.0.16_eng.

Help!