fastest cpu on ga7- DXR?

RAJU

What is the fastest processor anyone has running on this board?- ive
currently got 1.2gig athlon, but thinking of upgrading, also anyone
recommend any good but quiet heatsinks?- im running a fop-32 at the mo, ant
idle temps are about 50 C

TIA
Raj

I picked up one of these boards, dropped in a cheep Duron 1800 MHz chip.
Runs great. Only problem is the Bios does not recognize the CPU displays
"Unknown CPU type 2200+ " Otherwise runs great. the Duron 1800 runs on
the 266 bus so it may be the best upgrade for the board. (using bios F10)
the latest

Gary

"Raju" <rajuvora@hotmailREMOVEPLZ!.com> wrote in message
> What is the fastest processor anyone has running on this board?- ive
> currently got 1.2gig athlon, but thinking of upgrading, also anyone
> recommend any good but quiet heatsinks?- im running a fop-32 at the mo,
ant
> idle temps are about 50 C
>
> TIA
> Raj

IM USING a 2400xp overclocked by fsb to 2.13ghz
if you can find a 1st gen 2600 it is the fastest but hard to get only a few
were made at 266 so go with a 2400 before they are discontinued too