Trend Firewall is denying access to wireless network.

I have a home wireless network with Linksys router, DSL, desktop (XP) and
laptop (XP Pro). The network and firesharing works fine as long as firewall
(Trend PC-cillin) is not operational. Once the personal firewall is activated
I lose the network though both computers can still access internet. I have IP
ranges configured in setup. What config is needed to get this working. Any
help would be greatly appreciated.
2 answers Last reply
More about trend firewall denying access wireless network

    I have a similar setup and wasn't able to connect to my Linksys print
    server. I changed the Trend firewall security level setting from medium to
    low and everything works.

    Steve

    "Kenny G" <Kenny G@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have a home wireless network with Linksys router, DSL, desktop (XP) and
    > laptop (XP Pro). The network and firesharing works fine as long as
    > firewall
    > (Trend PC-cillin) is not operational. Once the personal firewall is
    > activated
    > I lose the network though both computers can still access internet. I have
    > IP
    > ranges configured in setup. What config is needed to get this working. Any
    > help would be greatly appreciated.

    Steve

    Thanks for the input. I finally solved this yesterday with a hint from one
    of the other wireless problems. What I had to do was simply install
    additional print and file serving functions to each computer and reboot. I
    opened up the properties of wireless connection, clicked on install and under
    services was this additional option. Worked like a treat.

    "Kenny G" wrote:

    > I have a home wireless network with Linksys router, DSL, desktop (XP) and
    > laptop (XP Pro). The network and firesharing works fine as long as firewall
    > (Trend PC-cillin) is not operational. Once the personal firewall is activated
    > I lose the network though both computers can still access internet. I have IP
    > ranges configured in setup. What config is needed to get this working. Any
    > help would be greatly appreciated.

Firewalls Wireless Network Wireless Networking