Intel Gigabit with A.P. (What is the AP please)

I have a purchased 8knxp 2.0... What is the AP in the Intel Gigabit with
A.P.??? I see it listed with several other of the drivers...

Thanks in advance....

LR

I believe it means with or without the associated application. In this case
the application would be the Intel ProSet utility which can be used to run a
number of diagnostic and performance tests on a LAN. Without the A.P. you
just get the barebones driver.

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 23:52:44 GMT, "Kilgore Trout Jr" <someguy@earthlink.net>
wrote:

>I believe it means with or without the associated application. In this case
>the application would be the Intel ProSet utility which can be used to run a
>number of diagnostic and performance tests on a LAN. Without the A.P. you
>just get the barebones driver.

I have seen the A.P. thing with other drivers, not just LAN ones and with
other MoBo brands.

>"Lyle Rhodes" <lerhodes@-nospam-comcast.net> wrote in message
>> I have a purchased 8knxp 2.0... What is the AP in the Intel Gigabit with
>> A.P.??? I see it listed with several other of the drivers...
>>
>> Thanks in advance....
>>
>> LR

The thing appears to just that, diagnostic stuff... More bloat ware... Not
so bad if one likes that kind of stuff...