unable to install printer

Robert

i have a cannon bjc-5000 printer with the latest driver updated. during
installation, xp tells me the printer "has not passed windows logo testing to
verify its compatibility with windows xp."

no matter what i do, this printer will install on xp. any suggestions?

Robert

check my last sentence... will NOT install on xp. thanks!

"robert" wrote:

> i have a cannon bjc-5000 printer with the latest driver updated. during
> installation, xp tells me the printer "has not passed windows logo testing to
> verify its compatibility with windows xp."
>
> no matter what i do, this printer will install on xp. any suggestions?

Correct. The printer is NOT supported in XP. See:
http://www.carletonmacgregor.com/html/canon_bjc-5000_5100_windows_xp.html
www.coribright.com

robert wrote:

> check my last sentence... will NOT install on xp. thanks!

The printer should install since the user can bypass the
Windows compatibility non-certification. All this message
means is that the driver has not been certified by MS but
it is, in all probability, totally functional. Should the
driver fail to install, and if it is proper driver written
for the specific Windows OS, then either (a) the download
was faulty or (b) the driver is faulty. In the event of the
former, download from the vendor's website again. For the
latter, revert to an older, known-working driver version.

Sandman

I don't know for certain about your particular printer, but i had a hell of
a problem getting XP Pro to let me install a new HP USB printer about 6
months ago... The huge software suite loaded with no problem (of course!)
but the OS would not recognize the printer until i unplugged it while the
system was up and then plugged it back in... (no kidding) that's all it took
and the yellow question mark in the Devices list went away and the printer
was accepted..
I doubt it was an issue with XP because it will configure almost any new
device in my experience, and drivers are alaready in XP for many things. I
think it was something 'funky' with the install disc HP provided..I am sure
you have tried the 'Add New hardware' wizard route, right?.....
Unplug/replug it and see if that doesn't work....
"robert" <robert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> i have a cannon bjc-5000 printer with the latest driver updated. during
> installation, xp tells me the printer "has not passed windows logo testing
> verify its compatibility with windows xp."
>
> no matter what i do, this printer will install on xp. any suggestions?

Robert, I tried to do that two years ago and what I was told was that Cannon
no longer supported the BJC 5000, and therefore declined to produce a driver
for XP. When I tried to subvert that, Microsoft said that I would possibly,
irrevokably damage XP to such an extent that a complete format of the hard
drive and reinstall of XP would be the only cure. I have a hard time
believing all I was told but I don't have the balls to challenge it, so I
gave up. I would love to hear from someone who has a driver that worked.
Rick

"robert" wrote:

> i have a cannon bjc-5000 printer with the latest driver updated. during
> installation, xp tells me the printer "has not passed windows logo testing to
> verify its compatibility with windows xp."
>
> no matter what i do, this printer will install on xp. any suggestions?

TRENDING THREADS