webcam installation

November 7, 2004 10:48:01 PM

i do have a webcam and i can install it to a machine with windows xp sp2.

driver is updated ... but the problem is it is not digitally signed by
microsoft.
thats why installation failed.

is there any other way to solve this problem

More about : webcam installation

Anonymous
November 7, 2004 11:07:34 PM

You should be able to choose to "Install Anyway" when given the installation
options.

"R4M" <monnette@zinus.com> wrote in message
> i do have a webcam and i can install it to a machine with windows xp sp2.
>
> driver is updated ... but the problem is it is not digitally signed by
> microsoft.
> thats why installation failed.
>
> is there any other way to solve this problem
Anonymous
November 8, 2004 12:19:02 AM

thanks kevin.......

yes i did click "install anyway" ...but still there an error on the
installation....
i still can't use the hardware...i also checked the device manager and a
yellow exclamation sign that says error ....

"Kevin" wrote:

> You should be able to choose to "Install Anyway" when given the installation
> options.
>
> "R4M" <monnette@zinus.com> wrote in message
> > i do have a webcam and i can install it to a machine with windows xp sp2.
> >
> > driver is updated ... but the problem is it is not digitally signed by
> > microsoft.
> > thats why installation failed.
> >
> > is there any other way to solve this problem

November 8, 2004 5:43:56 AM

Difficult to say without knowing which camera but my guess is USB webcam and
you plugged it in before installing the software. Try unplugging the
webcam, remove the driver and camera in device manager and reboot. Install
the software and then plug the camera in.

> thanks kevin.......
>
> yes i did click "install anyway" ...but still there an error on the
> installation....
> i still can't use the hardware...i also checked the device manager and a
> yellow exclamation sign that says error ....
>
> "Kevin" wrote:
>
>> You should be able to choose to "Install Anyway" when given the
>> installation
>> options.
>>
>> "R4M" <monnette@zinus.com> wrote in message
>> > i do have a webcam and i can install it to a machine with windows xp
>> > sp2.
>> >
>> > driver is updated ... but the problem is it is not digitally signed by
>> > microsoft.
>> > thats why installation failed.
>> >
>> > is there any other way to solve this problem

Anonymous
November 9, 2004 12:00:08 AM

Good call, Jon. This should work.

"Jon Erlandson" <jerlands@no_spam_sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> Difficult to say without knowing which camera but my guess is USB webcam
and
> you plugged it in before installing the software. Try unplugging the
> webcam, remove the driver and camera in device manager and reboot.
Install
> the software and then plug the camera in.
>

> "R4M" <monnette@zinus.com> wrote in message
> > thanks kevin.......
> >
> > yes i did click "install anyway" ...but still there an error on the
> > installation....
> > i still can't use the hardware...i also checked the device manager and a
> > yellow exclamation sign that says error ....
> >
> > "Kevin" wrote:
> >
> >> You should be able to choose to "Install Anyway" when given the
> >> installation
> >> options.
> >>
> >> "R4M" <monnette@zinus.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
November 9, 2004 3:52:03 AM

ok im trying to install a webcam....

thanks man...im gonna try to do that and let you know the result......

"Kevin" wrote:

> Good call, Jon. This should work.
>
> "Jon Erlandson" <jerlands@no_spam_sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> > Difficult to say without knowing which camera but my guess is USB webcam
> and
> > you plugged it in before installing the software. Try unplugging the
> > webcam, remove the driver and camera in device manager and reboot.
> Install
> > the software and then plug the camera in.
> >

> > "R4M" <monnette@zinus.com> wrote in message
> > > thanks kevin.......
> > >
> > > yes i did click "install anyway" ...but still there an error on the
> > > installation....
> > > i still can't use the hardware...i also checked the device manager and a
> > > yellow exclamation sign that says error ....

> by

Anonymous
November 10, 2004 12:49:02 AM

i already did what you told me kevin..but still the same problem i have here.

and here is the error prompt window says:
">SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp (442)
pAPP;USB PC Camera 301P Driver
PVENDOR: Vimicro Corporation
PGUID:41E496B5-47F4-11D6-9BBB-00E0987BB2CD
$7.0.100.1342
@Windows XP Service Pack 2 (2600) IE 6.0.2900.2180"

I hope this info could help..Please help me guys..can't use this webcam

TIA,
R4M

!