webcam installation

i do have a webcam and i can install it to a machine with windows xp sp2.

driver is updated ... but the problem is it is not digitally signed by
microsoft.
thats why installation failed.

is there any other way to solve this problem
6 answers Last reply
More about webcam installation

    You should be able to choose to "Install Anyway" when given the installation
    options.

    "R4M" <monnette@zinus.com> wrote in message
    > i do have a webcam and i can install it to a machine with windows xp sp2.
    >
    > driver is updated ... but the problem is it is not digitally signed by
    > microsoft.
    > thats why installation failed.
    >
    > is there any other way to solve this problem

    thanks kevin.......

    yes i did click "install anyway" ...but still there an error on the
    installation....
    i still can't use the hardware...i also checked the device manager and a
    yellow exclamation sign that says error ....

    "Kevin" wrote:

    > You should be able to choose to "Install Anyway" when given the installation
    > options.
    >
    > "R4M" <monnette@zinus.com> wrote in message
    > > i do have a webcam and i can install it to a machine with windows xp sp2.
    > >
    > > driver is updated ... but the problem is it is not digitally signed by
    > > microsoft.
    > > thats why installation failed.
    > >
    > > is there any other way to solve this problem

    Difficult to say without knowing which camera but my guess is USB webcam and
    you plugged it in before installing the software. Try unplugging the
    webcam, remove the driver and camera in device manager and reboot. Install
    the software and then plug the camera in.

    > thanks kevin.......
    >
    > yes i did click "install anyway" ...but still there an error on the
    > installation....
    > i still can't use the hardware...i also checked the device manager and a
    > yellow exclamation sign that says error ....
    >
    > "Kevin" wrote:
    >
    >> You should be able to choose to "Install Anyway" when given the
    >> installation
    >> options.
    >>
    >> "R4M" <monnette@zinus.com> wrote in message
    >> > i do have a webcam and i can install it to a machine with windows xp
    >> > sp2.
    >> >
    >> > driver is updated ... but the problem is it is not digitally signed by
    >> > microsoft.
    >> > thats why installation failed.
    >> >
    >> > is there any other way to solve this problem

    Good call, Jon. This should work.

    "Jon Erlandson" <jerlands@no_spam_sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > Difficult to say without knowing which camera but my guess is USB webcam
    and
    > you plugged it in before installing the software. Try unplugging the
    > webcam, remove the driver and camera in device manager and reboot.
    Install
    > the software and then plug the camera in.
    >

    > "R4M" <monnette@zinus.com> wrote in message
    > > thanks kevin.......
    > >
    > > yes i did click "install anyway" ...but still there an error on the
    > > installation....
    > > i still can't use the hardware...i also checked the device manager and a
    > > yellow exclamation sign that says error ....
    > >
    > > "Kevin" wrote:
    > >
    > >> You should be able to choose to "Install Anyway" when given the
    > >> installation
    > >> options.
    > >>
    > >> "R4M" <monnette@zinus.com> wrote in message

    ok im trying to install a webcam....

    thanks man...im gonna try to do that and let you know the result......

    "Kevin" wrote:

    > Good call, Jon. This should work.
    >
    > "Jon Erlandson" <jerlands@no_spam_sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > > Difficult to say without knowing which camera but my guess is USB webcam
    > and
    > > you plugged it in before installing the software. Try unplugging the
    > > webcam, remove the driver and camera in device manager and reboot.
    > Install
    > > the software and then plug the camera in.
    > >

    > > "R4M" <monnette@zinus.com> wrote in message
    > > > thanks kevin.......
    > > >
    > > > yes i did click "install anyway" ...but still there an error on the
    > > > installation....
    > > > i still can't use the hardware...i also checked the device manager and a
    > > > yellow exclamation sign that says error ....

    > by

    i already did what you told me kevin..but still the same problem i have here.

    and here is the error prompt window says:
    ">SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp (442)
    pAPP;USB PC Camera 301P Driver
    PVENDOR: Vimicro Corporation
    PGUID:41E496B5-47F4-11D6-9BBB-00E0987BB2CD
    $7.0.100.1342
    @Windows XP Service Pack 2 (2600) IE 6.0.2900.2180"

    I hope this info could help..Please help me guys..can't use this webcam

    TIA,
    R4M

    "R4M" wrote:

    > ok im trying to install a webcam....
    >
    > thanks man...im gonna try to do that and let you know the result......
    >
    > "Kevin" wrote:
    >
    > > Good call, Jon. This should work.
    > >
    > > "Jon Erlandson" <jerlands@no_spam_sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > > > Difficult to say without knowing which camera but my guess is USB webcam
    > > and
    > > > you plugged it in before installing the software. Try unplugging the
    > > > webcam, remove the driver and camera in device manager and reboot.
    > > Install
    > > > the software and then plug the camera in.
    > > >

    > > > "R4M" <monnette@zinus.com> wrote in message

    > > by

Webcams Microsoft Windows XP