ASROCK K7S41GX

Hi everyone,

I have a little question/problem. I have the above mentioned Mainboard. I am
using the AMD Barton 2500 CPU. The MB is supposed to be capable of running
at 333mhz for the FSB, and according to my jumpers; they are correctly set
at 1-2 and 1-2 respectively. HOWEVER; when I run my computer up, the page
reads only 166Mhz and not 333FSB. How do I get it up to the 333FSB? I read
the manual but do not want to take any steps until maybe someone can give me
step by step instructions. I have the feeling that it is a simple solution
but cannot seem to find it. I thought that if I changed the Bios settings,
that that would do the trick; but the BIOS only runs up to 232Mhz for the
CPU FSB, so I assume that that is not the solution. All help would be more
than greatly appreciated.

GL

P.s: Please don't answer me if you are going to give out wisecracks about
AMD. I am running a P4 in my laptop and have more overheating problems than
I can care to shake a stick at. Both AMD and Intel have their positive and
negative sides. :)

Thanks again.

Hello

Well you can update your bios and read your mother manual to make
sure that your brd will run at 333fsb, your memory speed should
also support 333fsd, once you set it to 166 then you should be
fine.

I have 400mhz memory so I set my setting in the bios to 200
333fsb set to 166 etc. Just maybe your mother does not support it

Al

G L wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I have a little question/problem. I have the above mentioned
> Mainboard. I am using the AMD Barton 2500 CPU. The MB is supposed to
> be capable of running at 333mhz for the FSB, and according to my
> jumpers; they are correctly set at 1-2 and 1-2 respectively. HOWEVER;
> when I run my computer up, the page reads only 166Mhz and not 333FSB.

It *IS* running at 333MHz. 166x2=? Suggest you learn what Double Data Rate
means. There is no problem, the issue doesn't exist.

lose his marbles?

166MHz is the correct speed. As all transactions on the bus occurs at both
the rising and the falling edges, it's called DoubleDataRate. In this case
2*166(.666)MHZ = 333Mhz data rate...

--
Tumppi
Reply to group

"G L" <nospam@for.me> kirjoitti viestissä
> Hi everyone,
>
> I have a little question/problem. I have the above mentioned Mainboard. I
am
> using the AMD Barton 2500 CPU. The MB is supposed to be capable of running
> at 333mhz for the FSB, and according to my jumpers; they are correctly set
> at 1-2 and 1-2 respectively. HOWEVER; when I run my computer up, the page
> reads only 166Mhz and not 333FSB. How do I get it up to the 333FSB? I read
> the manual but do not want to take any steps until maybe someone can give
me
> step by step instructions. I have the feeling that it is a simple solution
> but cannot seem to find it. I thought that if I changed the Bios settings,
> that that would do the trick; but the BIOS only runs up to 232Mhz for the
> CPU FSB, so I assume that that is not the solution. All help would be more
> than greatly appreciated.
>
> GL
>
> P.s: Please don't answer me if you are going to give out wisecracks about
> AMD. I am running a P4 in my laptop and have more overheating problems
than
> I can care to shake a stick at. Both AMD and Intel have their positive and
> negative sides. :)
>
> Thanks again.

keith

Thomas Wendell wrote:
> 166MHz is the correct speed. As all transactions on the bus occurs at
> both the rising and the falling edges, it's called DoubleDataRate. In
> this case 2*166(.666)MHZ = 333Mhz data rate...

confusing eh!