Heat sink for Pentium 4, fan replacement ?

Is there a heatsink for the pentium 4 chip that will replace the fan, and
its noise unnecesary? I'd like to reduce PC fan noises, and this seems
reasonable, but not necessarily so. My pentium 4 is 3.0 GH and my MB is
8knxp Ultra? This is my first time I've spent anytime looking into this
question, sorry about being a newbie on something most technical guys
reading this group already know. I've eliminated the 'dual power supply'
plug in and unplugged the case fan. This leaves fans on the PS, display
adapter, and CPU.

Yes there are CPU heatsinks that dont have attached fans, such as some of
the Zalman's (www.zalmanusa.com) the Scyth Heatlane
(http://www.tsheatronics.co.jp/zen/english/ncu1000_e.html) and I guess
several others. Things to remember though are you may be voiding the
warantee on you chip by using one of these heatsinks, and they require that
your PC allready has a good flow through of (not recirculated) air.

Im guessing from what you write that you are trying to build a quiet PC. My
tips would be make sure you have a solid well designed case that directs air
into the right places and the you could try using sound proofing material
too. Next, just try feeding "building a quiet pc" into google, you'll get
some interesting reading.

Have fun, quiet PC's arent that difficult, and you get to play with the same
toys as all the overclockers (but with that more sensible goal, without the
risks of blowing your PC up.

CrimsonLiar