USB Flash drive Hangs XP

Hi All,
In need of help.....just tried a new Kingston DataTraveler 256MB flash drive
on my business computer running XP pro (SP2). When I plug the drive in it
hangs the entire system. I need to remove drive and reboot. I have tried
the same device on two other systems running XP Pro (SP1) and XP Home and it
works fine....Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling USB conrollers, Hubs,
no change.....
The device is fine, just XP pukes with it. Other USB devices (printers,
cameras, etc) work ok....thanks for tips
--
SDW
1 answer Last reply

    Hello

    Well I does the other pc have svpack on it, could just incompatible
    or you can try a different brand

    Al

    sdwgolf wrote:

    > Hi All,
    > In need of help.....just tried a new Kingston DataTraveler 256MB flash drive
    > on my business computer running XP pro (SP2). When I plug the drive in it
    > hangs the entire system. I need to remove drive and reboot. I have tried
    > the same device on two other systems running XP Pro (SP1) and XP Home and it
    > works fine....Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling USB conrollers, Hubs,
    > no change.....
    > The device is fine, just XP pukes with it. Other USB devices (printers,
    > cameras, etc) work ok....thanks for tips
    > --
    > SDW

Devices Windows XP