WinXP and Office 2003 problems

Microsoft Office 2003 Professional locks up my computer or causes the
computer to suddenly reboot after a few minutes of use. I have already done
the unistall/reinstall.

When it happens, it is usually when I select a menu option, but not always.
I use two monitors, and if I move the Outlook window from one monitor to the
other, it is a guarantee computer lockup. Also, when it happens, some text
on the screen goes weird in appearance, sort of like how the different
colors are offset in a 3D display that requires the red/blue lens glasses.

The only way out of the lock up is a cold reboot.

And if that isn't odd enough, Internet Explorer also does the same thing
ONLY if I'm on eBay, but not as soon.

I'm using Windows XP Pro and an Athlon 64 3500+ CPU.

I have updated my graphics drivers (ATI 9800) and change the setting to
where it is suppose to give me a blue screen instead of rebooting (but it
reboots anyway).

I've already had to switch to Mozilla Thunderbird so I can read my email.
I'll have to switch to another Word Processor if this isn't solved soon.

Richard A. Higgins

That just sounds like a messed up install of Windows. Do you have any
service packs for Windows installed and do you have Service Pack 1 for
Office 2003 installed?

-----
Nathan McNulty

Richard Higgins wrote:
> Microsoft Office 2003 Professional locks up my computer or causes the
> computer to suddenly reboot after a few minutes of use. I have already done
> the unistall/reinstall.
>
> When it happens, it is usually when I select a menu option, but not always.
> I use two monitors, and if I move the Outlook window from one monitor to the
> other, it is a guarantee computer lockup. Also, when it happens, some text
> on the screen goes weird in appearance, sort of like how the different
> colors are offset in a 3D display that requires the red/blue lens glasses.
>
> The only way out of the lock up is a cold reboot.
>
> And if that isn't odd enough, Internet Explorer also does the same thing
> ONLY if I'm on eBay, but not as soon.
>
> I'm using Windows XP Pro and an Athlon 64 3500+ CPU.
>
> I have updated my graphics drivers (ATI 9800) and change the setting to
> where it is suppose to give me a blue screen instead of rebooting (but it
> reboots anyway).
>
> I've already had to switch to Mozilla Thunderbird so I can read my email.
> I'll have to switch to another Word Processor if this isn't solved soon.
>
> Richard A. Higgins

I have every thing up to date.

If it is a messed up install, it only affect Microsoft products, but then
again, why should that be a surprise?

"Nathan McNulty" <newsgroups@msn.com> wrote in message
> That just sounds like a messed up install of Windows. Do you have any
> service packs for Windows installed and do you have Service Pack 1 for
> Office 2003 installed?
>
> -----
> Nathan McNulty
>
> Richard Higgins wrote:
>> Microsoft Office 2003 Professional locks up my computer or causes the
>> computer to suddenly reboot after a few minutes of use. I have already
>> done the unistall/reinstall.
>>
>> When it happens, it is usually when I select a menu option, but not
>> always. I use two monitors, and if I move the Outlook window from one
>> monitor to the other, it is a guarantee computer lockup. Also, when it
>> happens, some text on the screen goes weird in appearance, sort of like
>> how the different colors are offset in a 3D display that requires the
>> red/blue lens glasses.
>>
>> The only way out of the lock up is a cold reboot.
>>
>> And if that isn't odd enough, Internet Explorer also does the same thing
>> ONLY if I'm on eBay, but not as soon.
>>
>> I'm using Windows XP Pro and an Athlon 64 3500+ CPU.
>>
>> I have updated my graphics drivers (ATI 9800) and change the setting to
>> where it is suppose to give me a blue screen instead of rebooting (but it
>> reboots anyway).
>>
>> I've already had to switch to Mozilla Thunderbird so I can read my email.
>> I'll have to switch to another Word Processor if this isn't solved soon.
>>
>> Richard A. Higgins

Before the Dutch drained the marshes, Ely was an island. Ely also has a
large cathedral, which is said to be the longest cathedral in England.
These are some pictures I took near the cathedral. These pictures are
proportioned to fit the desktop.

"Richard Higgins" <higginsoft@cox.net> wrote in message
>I have every thing up to date.
>
> If it is a messed up install, it only affect Microsoft products, but then
> again, why should that be a surprise?
>
> "Nathan McNulty" <newsgroups@msn.com> wrote in message
>> That just sounds like a messed up install of Windows. Do you have any
>> service packs for Windows installed and do you have Service Pack 1 for
>> Office 2003 installed?
>>
>> -----
>> Nathan McNulty
>>
>> Richard Higgins wrote:
>>> Microsoft Office 2003 Professional locks up my computer or causes the
>>> computer to suddenly reboot after a few minutes of use. I have already
>>> done the unistall/reinstall.
>>>
>>> When it happens, it is usually when I select a menu option, but not
>>> always. I use two monitors, and if I move the Outlook window from one
>>> monitor to the other, it is a guarantee computer lockup. Also, when it
>>> happens, some text on the screen goes weird in appearance, sort of like
>>> how the different colors are offset in a 3D display that requires the
>>> red/blue lens glasses.
>>>
>>> The only way out of the lock up is a cold reboot.
>>>
>>> And if that isn't odd enough, Internet Explorer also does the same thing
>>> ONLY if I'm on eBay, but not as soon.
>>>
>>> I'm using Windows XP Pro and an Athlon 64 3500+ CPU.
>>>
>>> I have updated my graphics drivers (ATI 9800) and change the setting to
>>> where it is suppose to give me a blue screen instead of rebooting (but
>>> it reboots anyway).
>>>
>>> I've already had to switch to Mozilla Thunderbird so I can read my
>>> email. I'll have to switch to another Word Processor if this isn't
>>> solved soon.
>>>
>>> Richard A. Higgins

Sorry about the previous post, I pasted the wrong paragraph. What it was
suppose to say was:

The problem turned out to be a major registry problem. I used the registry
cleaner in the FixIt Utilities 5 and Microsoft Word started working and the
JAVA applets started behaving.