BIOS editing with Bluetooth Keyboard

I have a home-built PC (3.0 P4 , 1GB DDR 3200 RAM, Win XP Home) with a
Gigabyte GA-81PE1000 Pro-G Motherboard (Award BIOS)...I recently
purchased a Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard/Mouse Cordless desktop and am
wondering if anyone can tell me if it's possible to use the keyboard
to work with the system BIOS...I've tried and find that the keyboard
does not work until Win XP is running...Is there a BIOS setting for
the GA-81PE100 Pro-G that would enable the keyboard before Windows
loads?

Any asssistance would be greatly appreciated!

Tony P.
1 answer Last reply
More about bios editing bluetooth keyboard

    Hi.

    You need device drivers running to talk bluetooth. This means you need an
    OS. So I would not expect a bios to be able to talk to a bluetooth device.
    Similar problems sometimes with USB keyboards.

    Grab a good old keyboard from anywhere and plug it in temporarily to do the
    bios thing.

    - Tim

    "TP" <apiro@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >I have a home-built PC (3.0 P4 , 1GB DDR 3200 RAM, Win XP Home) with a
    > Gigabyte GA-81PE1000 Pro-G Motherboard (Award BIOS)...I recently
    > purchased a Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard/Mouse Cordless desktop and am
    > wondering if anyone can tell me if it's possible to use the keyboard
    > to work with the system BIOS...I've tried and find that the keyboard
    > does not work until Win XP is running...Is there a BIOS setting for
    > the GA-81PE100 Pro-G that would enable the keyboard before Windows
    > loads?
    >
    > Any asssistance would be greatly appreciated!
    >

    > Tony P.

Gigabyte BIOS Keyboards Bluetooth Motherboards