Does anyone where to get the NB 2 pin Molex Conn???

I want to replace my North Bridge fan with a Papst fan and would also like a
new connector for it... Anyone know where??? I have looked at DigiKey and
my God what a huge catalog... I have no idea of the exact name, could
someone help please???

GA-8KNXP 1 month old and making noise...

Many thanks

LR

Tim

No idea...

You have several options:

1. replace the fan as you propose.
2. Get a zalman nb32j northbridge cooler as many do,
3. Remove the noisy fan as some do - in average climates the fan is not
actually needed (if at all).
The asus 875 equiv motherboards have an ample heatsink instead.
4. Lube the fan motor,
5. Cut off the connector from the stuffed fan and splice it on to the papst
with some heatshrink which can be purchased almost anywhere.
6. get GB to supply a replacement and do us all a favour in doing so: send
them the message that crud NB fans are not acceptable.

- Tim

"Lyle Rhodes" <lerhodes@-nospam-comcast.net> wrote in message
>I want to replace my North Bridge fan with a Papst fan and would also like
> new connector for it... Anyone know where??? I have looked at DigiKey
> and
> my God what a huge catalog... I have no idea of the exact name, could
> someone help please???
>
> GA-8KNXP 1 month old and making noise...
>

> Many thanks
>
> LR

vinCe

On Mon, 10 May 2004 00:01:54 -0400, "Lyle Rhodes"
<lerhodes@-nospam-comcast.net> wrote:

>I want to replace my North Bridge fan with a Papst fan and would also like a
>new connector for it... Anyone know where??? I have looked at DigiKey and
>my God what a huge catalog... I have no idea of the exact name, could
>someone help please???
>
>GA-8KNXP 1 month old and making noise...

Actually you should get Giga to replace fan / or board Under
Warrantee.

It not worth it but I have bought a Molex plug that has fan leads out
from Electronic suppliers. Still have it but cannot find use for it
now. It won't cost much, just the trouble find it within 1000s of
parts in electronic shops or catalogues. So get Giga to fix it!!

>Many thanks
>
>LR

On that note, what does "VCC" stand for?...it's one of the two pins on the
Northbridge fan connector.

I also assumed it was 3 pin, with fan RPM detection?, it's one of the
reasons i bought the Northpole as it will show me fan RPM when i connect it
to the SYS_Fan connector on the motherboard.

"Vince" <vince@lobo.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 10 May 2004 00:01:54 -0400, "Lyle Rhodes"
> <lerhodes@-nospam-comcast.net> wrote:
>
> >I want to replace my North Bridge fan with a Papst fan and would also
like a
> >new connector for it... Anyone know where??? I have looked at DigiKey
and
> >my God what a huge catalog... I have no idea of the exact name, could
> >someone help please???
> >
> >GA-8KNXP 1 month old and making noise...
> >
> Actually you should get Giga to replace fan / or board Under
> Warrantee.
>
> It not worth it but I have bought a Molex plug that has fan leads out
> from Electronic suppliers. Still have it but cannot find use for it
> now. It won't cost much, just the trouble find it within 1000s of
> parts in electronic shops or catalogues. So get Giga to fix it!!
> >
> >Many thanks
> >
> >LR

On Wed, 26 May 2004 02:39:28 +0100, "Richard Dower"
<richarddower@hotmail.com> wrote:

>On that note, what does "VCC" stand for?...it's one of the two pins on the
>Northbridge fan connector.

Vcc is the supply voltage. IIRC, Vcc stands for Voltage (subscript)
Collector to Collector, the collector is the "positive" side of a PNP
transistor.

Cheers
Jon