IE6 Works With Dial-up But Not With Wireless

Got a new computer with Windows XP SP2 and a new wireless card. When I
connect to my ISP via dial-up, IE6 works fine and connects to web sites.
When I connect to a wireless network, I get only the IE white screen
indication "page not found".

When I connect to the wireless network, I get the confirmation message that
I am connected, and an IP address (192.168.1.106) and subnet mask
(255.255.255.0) are assigned. The wireless connection with the old computer
works fine.

On the new computer, IE6 connection set for "never dial a connection" and
the LAN setting is no boxes are checked. Tried to check the LAN setting box
"automatically detect settings" and that made no difference.

Ideas appreciated. Thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about works dial wireless

    Here are a few trouble shooting tips:
    Get to your command prompt of your new computer by typing "cmd" in the run
    panal.
    from what you have written, your wireless is already assigning you an IP but
    we need to find out if its has connection to the internet.
    Assuming you are connected wirelessly to your router, type "ping
    www.google.com" in the command prompt.
    If you are connected to Internet, you will get a reply and it means the
    problem lies with your IE explorer settings.
    If you get a destinantion host unreacheble, means the problem lies in your
    wireless network.
    hope that brings you one step closer to solving your probs.
    cheers!

    "Paul DeVivo" wrote:

    > Got a new computer with Windows XP SP2 and a new wireless card. When I
    > connect to my ISP via dial-up, IE6 works fine and connects to web sites.
    > When I connect to a wireless network, I get only the IE white screen
    > indication "page not found".
    >
    > When I connect to the wireless network, I get the confirmation message that
    > I am connected, and an IP address (192.168.1.106) and subnet mask
    > (255.255.255.0) are assigned. The wireless connection with the old computer
    > works fine.
    >
    > On the new computer, IE6 connection set for "never dial a connection" and
    > the LAN setting is no boxes are checked. Tried to check the LAN setting box
    > "automatically detect settings" and that made no difference.
    >
    > Ideas appreciated. Thanks.

    Tried the obvious, finally. Took out the OEM wireless card and installed a
    Linksys wireless card. Everything works fine now.

Wireless Connection Dial Up Connection IE6 Wireless Networking