Sidewinder 3D Pro Plus

I hope someone can assist me here:

I have just rec'd a Toshiba Tecra... has multi USB but no game port. My
Sidewinder came with a joystick to USB plug so I can connect it to the USB on
the laptop.

Problem: Windows XP doesn't recognize its attached and I tried CONTROL
PANEL adding it... no luck! The software that came with the joystick won't
load (SETUP) as is for 98(?!?) and I am very green with XP (Just got it!)

Any one with any ideas or info, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!
Duane (Nova Scotia)
1 answer Last reply
More about sidewinder plus

    Get a new joystick. If you were running a desktop I'd suggest a separate
    soundcard with a gameport controller but that's not possible with a notebook
    so it's a new USB joystick you'll need.
    www.coribright.com

    "Duane" <Duane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I hope someone can assist me here:
    >
    > I have just rec'd a Toshiba Tecra... has multi USB but no game port. My
    > Sidewinder came with a joystick to USB plug so I can connect it to the USB
    > on
    > the laptop.
    >
    > Problem: Windows XP doesn't recognize its attached and I tried CONTROL
    > PANEL adding it... no luck! The software that came with the joystick
    > won't
    > load (SETUP) as is for 98(?!?) and I am very green with XP (Just got
    > it!)
    >
    > Any one with any ideas or info, I would greatly appreciate it!
    >
    > Thanks!
    > Duane (Nova Scotia)

USB Windows XP