Frontend launch at power up?

Is there a frontend program that has a setting to jump
into a gamerom attract mode on power up?

I googled, but couldn't come with an answer.

Thanks,
-Mike

MikeM. wrote on 09. February 2005:

> Is there a frontend program that has a setting to jump
> into a gamerom attract mode on power up?
>
> I googled, but couldn't come with an answer.

If your MAME version supports command line options you might add it to
one of the startup locations for system boot. Also tell the game to skip
the disclaimer.
--
By(e) Andreas

MAME Classic will launch a game upon start-up. The game will then go into
attract mode.

--

Thanks.

"MikeM." <bellbane@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Is there a frontend program that has a setting to jump
> into a gamerom attract mode on power up?
>
> I googled, but couldn't come with an answer.
>
> Thanks,
> -Mike

I seem to recall there is a MAME screensaver that cycles through random
attract modes as well. I also seem to recall that you could then invoke
the game directly from the screensaver if you so desire. It's not a
frontend per se but it might work for what you're looking for.
Screensavers can be added to the startup group to launch on boot if
that's what you're looking for as well.

Anybody remember what screensaver that is? Am I remembering right?

-Mike