Hp Laserjet 6L multiple paper feed?

I have a Hp Laserjet 6L which is feeding multiple pages. Is there an easy fix I have
been told that it is a common problem with this model. I have searched HP site for
a fix but no luck. Is their a fix available in the UK.

Many thanks
--
Ken Collings
4 answers Last reply

    Welcome to the hell known as the LaserJet 6L. Mine, from the day it was
    bought new, was named "Jam-O-Matic" on the network.

    There was at one time a free fix from HP for this, but a better one can be
    purchased from www.fixyourownprinter.com for about $30 (if I remember
    correctly).

    Note that none of the above ever fixed the crooked-feeding issue I have had
    since day 1.

    -Larry

    "Ken Collings" <ken@elvet.plus.com> wrote in message
    > I have a Hp Laserjet 6L which is feeding multiple pages. Is there an easy
    fix I have
    > been told that it is a common problem with this model. I have searched HP
    site for
    > a fix but no luck. Is their a fix available in the UK.
    >
    > Many thanks
    > --
    > Ken Collings

    "Ken Collings" <ken@elvet.plus.com> wrote in message
    > I have a Hp Laserjet 6L which is feeding multiple pages. Is
    there an easy fix I have
    > been told that it is a common problem with this model. I have
    searched HP site for
    > a fix but no luck. Is their a fix available in the UK.

    HP was offering a free "separation pad" fix for the 5L and 6L.
    Better is to replace the pickup roller and separation pad. Kits
    should be available from HP or others.

    Bob

    On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 09:57:52 +0100, Ken Collings <ken@elvet.plus.com> wrote:

    >I have a Hp Laserjet 6L which is feeding multiple pages. Is there an easy fix I have
    >been told that it is a common problem with this model. I have searched HP site for
    >a fix but no luck. Is their a fix available in the UK.

    Have a look through google groups (on this group) for 5L and feed. Plenty of
    history as well as debate about the HP free fix vs the proper fix.

    Also look at www.fixyourownprinter.com for a DIY kit which I have used and
    recommend.

    I don't know if HP still offers the repair kit for this model , it is
    some industrial tape that fits the page sepatator

    Ken Collings wrote:
    > I have a Hp Laserjet 6L which is feeding multiple pages. Is there an easy fix I have
    > been told that it is a common problem with this model. I have searched HP site for
    > a fix but no luck. Is their a fix available in the UK.
    >
    > Many thanks

Printers Hewlett Packard Laserjet Peripherals