8KNXP Rev 2 - BIOS Question

I was looking through the bios screen yesterday, and I noticed something
called "CIA". I have this set as disabled but I was wondering if I should
change it. Does anyone else use this function?

Cheers.

Si
P4 2.53 GHz
1 GB Ram
Windows XP Pro
3 answers Last reply
More about 8knxp bios question

    I belive that should be enabled, it's a performance thingy....

    On Mon, 17 May 2004 23:40:43 +0100, Si wrote:

    >I was looking through the bios screen yesterday, and I noticed something
    >called "CIA". I have this set as disabled but I was wondering if I should
    >change it. Does anyone else use this function?

    From GigaByte's press release:

    "C.I.A. (CPU Intelligent Accelerator) is designed to detect CPU loading
    during software program's executing, and automatically adjust CPU computing
    power to maximize system performance. During loading high CPU resources
    consumption tasks, such as video and audio encoding programs or thrilling 3D
    games, the CPU requires more CPU computing power; when C.I.A. is enabled, it
    will detect the current CPU loading and automatically accelerate the CPU
    computing performance, thus allow programs to execute faster and smoother.
    On the other hand, when the programs are terminated, the CPU will return
    back to its initial status."

    Read http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/msi-dot-review/ if you want a an
    independent (and critical) view.

    When I tried C.I.A. my machine became very unstable, so my advice is this:

    If you want to overclock, learn how to do it yourself.
    --
    Best regards,
    Henrik Dissing

    (e-mail: hendis AT post DOT tele DOT dk)

    So, it doesn't work on boring CPU intensive games then?
    Very clever.
    - Tim

    "Henrik Dissing" <sorry@drowned.in.spam.invalid> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 17 May 2004 23:40:43 +0100, Si wrote:
    >
    >>I was looking through the bios screen yesterday, and I noticed something
    >>called "CIA". I have this set as disabled but I was wondering if I should
    >>change it. Does anyone else use this function?
    >
    > From GigaByte's press release:
    >
    > "C.I.A. (CPU Intelligent Accelerator) is designed to detect CPU loading
    > during software program's executing, and automatically adjust CPU
    > computing
    > power to maximize system performance. During loading high CPU resources
    > consumption tasks, such as video and audio encoding programs or thrilling
    > 3D
    > games, the CPU requires more CPU computing power; when C.I.A. is enabled,
    > it
    > will detect the current CPU loading and automatically accelerate the CPU
    > computing performance, thus allow programs to execute faster and smoother.
    > On the other hand, when the programs are terminated, the CPU will return
    > back to its initial status."
    >
    > Read http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/msi-dot-review/ if you want a an
    > independent (and critical) view.
    >
    > When I tried C.I.A. my machine became very unstable, so my advice is this:
    >
    > If you want to overclock, learn how to do it yourself.
    > --
    > Best regards,
    > Henrik Dissing
    >
    > (e-mail: hendis AT post DOT tele DOT dk)

Gigabyte BIOS Windows XP Motherboards