USB problem

USB is not even listed under the device manger.

How can I install the motherboard chip drivers to have my USB ports working?
When I go t the list of devices under the device manager, USB is not listed
at all, not under any category even under other.
I have the Disc tha say MAINBOARD-but dont know how I can install the chips
only and not everythig on the Disc. Help me pse

Kisamo wrote:
> USB is not even listed under the device manger.
>
> How can I install the motherboard chip drivers to have my USB ports
> working? When I go t the list of devices under the device manager,
> USB is not listed at all, not under any category even under other.
> I have the Disc tha say MAINBOARD-but dont know how I can install the
> chips only and not everythig on the Disc. Help me pse

RTFM for "chipset drivers", "mainboard drivers", "motherboard drivers",
or simply "drivers".

USB should show up in Device Manager. If there is no USB section, check for
"Unknown" device.

If not, then the USB ports may not have been turned on in the computer's
motherboard BIOS.

Y.