PC+MAC compatible Data CD

I on Windows XP Home. How can I burn a data CD that can be read on both a PC
and a MAC?

Thanks, John.

That is a very good question! I'm sure Carey or Pegasus or one of the other
old-timers will have the definitive answer, but in the meantime I'll try my
hand. I was always under the impression that a file, say a Word document
created on a PC, can be read by Word on a MAC because a .doc file is a .doc
file no matter what operating system it was created under. But now that
I've just thought of that, I'm having second thoughts. I am very likely
(most probably) wrong. Good luck, one of the real group aces will be able
to help you out.

"John Paul" <JohnPaul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I on Windows XP Home. How can I burn a data CD that can be read on both a
PC
> and a MAC?
>

> Thanks, John.

Thank you for your reply.

What I'm talking about is how do you burn a CD on XP so the MAC will
recognize the CD.

Thanks, John.

If you burn it in ISO format it should be read on either operating system.

> Thank you for your reply.
>

> What I'm talking about is how do you burn a CD on XP so the MAC will
> recognize the CD.
>

> Thanks, John.

bar

The ISO format is the first part of getting it right.

When installing Word on an 'Intel Compatible' or MAC one should be certain
to install the appropriate file conversion software to manage file
conversions from the other format.

Simply burn a CD and try it on the other computer: you may have been lucky
and installed the appropriate conversion tool by default.