Brand new motherboard without PCI express?

Rubix

Hi
I am thinking of buying a new ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe motherboard for my
Pentium 4 chip with HT as I fried the old board. But does it make any sense
to go out now and buy something without PCI express? Should I wait a
couple of months?

Rubix

Hello

Well that's the new thing out know and really comes down
to weather you want to spend the money or not, as you know if your
using an 4x/8x agp card it won't work in that mother board, so keep
that in mind, the slots are different.

Alvin

Rubix wrote:

> Hi
> I am thinking of buying a new ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe motherboard for my
> Pentium 4 chip with HT as I fried the old board. But does it make any sense
> to go out now and buy something without PCI express? Should I wait a
> couple of months?
>
> Rubix

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Why wait for months? Boards are out that have PCI express. Do a Google
search.

"Rubix" <chess@charitydays.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi
> I am thinking of buying a new ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe motherboard for my
> Pentium 4 chip with HT as I fried the old board. But does it make any
> sense to go out now and buy something without PCI express? Should I wait
> a couple of months?
>
> Rubix

As far as I know, you couldn't use your P4 in a PCI Express mainboard.

I'm unaware of any PCI Express boards that use Socket 478 (like the P4C800)
for the P4. PCIE boards normally use Socket T (LGA 775).

If you want the highest-performance PCIE board for a P4, you might also need
new RAM: board based on the Intel 925 chipset usually require DDR2.

Even if they don't do business where you are, take a quick look at
www.newegg.com. They don't sell every conceivable mainboard. but they have a
convenient selector that will allow you to mix and match features. (For
example: they show a number of 915 boards with both a PCIE16 graphics slot
and an AGP one.)

Good luck.

Bob Knowlden

"Rubix" <chess@charitydays.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi
> I am thinking of buying a new ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe motherboard for my
> Pentium 4 chip with HT as I fried the old board. But does it make any
> sense to go out now and buy something without PCI express? Should I wait
> a couple of months?
>
> Rubix

Like others said, switching to new PCI Express will cost more $$
new CPU, memory, video card and mobo
I would stick to older system and get ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe
I have same mobo and I'm happy with it (don't play games but used heavy for
video editing)
ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe is best $hit you can get for P4 HT

"Rubix" <chess@charitydays.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi
> I am thinking of buying a new ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe motherboard for my
> Pentium 4 chip with HT as I fried the old board. But does it make any
sense
> to go out now and buy something without PCI express? Should I wait a
> couple of months?
>
> Rubix

Rubix

Thanks all,
I'm satisfied now that I really don't need to take the express.

Rubix

"zibby" <sales@az-electronics.no spam.com> wrote in message
> Like others said, switching to new PCI Express will cost more $$
> new CPU, memory, video card and mobo
> I would stick to older system and get ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe
> I have same mobo and I'm happy with it (don't play games but used heavy
> for
> video editing)
> ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe is best $hit you can get for P4 HT
>
> "Rubix" <chess@charitydays.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Hi
>> I am thinking of buying a new ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe motherboard for my
>> Pentium 4 chip with HT as I fried the old board. But does it make any
> sense
>> to go out now and buy something without PCI express? Should I wait a
>> couple of months?
>>
>> Rubix

and performance you get is... well hard to notice
I just built my system, and has second thoughts about going to PCI Express
(after I got mobo and video card)
but again new system is all I need (a jump from P4 1.5GHz)

> Thanks all,
> I'm satisfied now that I really don't need to take the express.
>
> Rubix
>
> "zibby" <sales@az-electronics.no spam.com> wrote in message
> > Like others said, switching to new PCI Express will cost more $$
> > new CPU, memory, video card and mobo
> > I would stick to older system and get ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe
> > I have same mobo and I'm happy with it (don't play games but used heavy
> > for
> > video editing)
> > ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe is best $hit you can get for P4 HT
> >
> > "Rubix" <chess@charitydays.co.uk> wrote in message
> >> Hi
> >> I am thinking of buying a new ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe motherboard for my
> >> Pentium 4 chip with HT as I fried the old board. But does it make any
> > sense
> >> to go out now and buy something without PCI express? Should I wait a
> >> couple of months?
> >>
> >> Rubix

Rubix

Hi Bob,
I discovered Asus P5GD2 Premium Wireless that seems a possible candidate
for the job, i havent looked too closely at the specs as I've already
decided not to bother.

Rubix