Everytime I shutdown, and it's apparently after all of the running programs
have been stopped because the screen is dark and it's a split second before
the power goes off, I hear a loud noise through the speakers. It does indeed
sound a bit like too many beans. I can not find the source, and I'm
beginning
to think it may even result from a bios problem. It does it even with the
sound Muted. Anyone with this board, Rev 1, have this problem? It's
something new, I've had lots of successful formats and reinstalls before
without this problem, but now it's there even after a fresh installation.

Mine does this too. I'm not even sure it does it every time, as I tune it
out and accept it as a, er, feature.