Please Help me....I can burn DVD's using my DVD+RW drive b..

I have recently been expreiencing problems with my DVD+RW drive. I used to be
able to write to all types of media, but recently the computer just decided
to not write to CD's. It will write a DVD perfectly but rejects CD's. I have
tried using both the Windows XP CD burning software and my RecordNow software
which came with the computer. The computer says that there is not a blank CD
inserted into the drive even though there blatently is. It asks me to insert
one so I eject it and put it in again but still the problem occurs....I don't
now what to do. I have read other newsgroups and they say to check that the
Recording option allowing CD burning is checked and it is, but still the
problem occurs. Please help me!

Thankyou
Robert Samuel.

Robert, try a different brand of media. It might not like the brand of
Cd's you are using. That happens sometimes as the drive gets older.
"Robert Samuel" <Robert Samuel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have recently been expreiencing problems with my DVD+RW drive. I used to
>be
> able to write to all types of media, but recently the computer just
> decided
> to not write to CD's. It will write a DVD perfectly but rejects CD's. I
> have
> tried using both the Windows XP CD burning software and my RecordNow
> software
> which came with the computer. The computer says that there is not a blank
> CD
> inserted into the drive even though there blatently is. It asks me to
> insert
> one so I eject it and put it in again but still the problem occurs....I
> don't
> now what to do. I have read other newsgroups and they say to check that
> the
> Recording option allowing CD burning is checked and it is, but still the
> problem occurs. Please help me!
>
> Thankyou
> Robert Samuel.

Sorry for not replying for such a long time but I have tried multiple brands
of media, and it still will not work