GA-8IPE1000-G: On Board Sound not working

Hallo,
I deactived the on board sound during the Windows installation and
everythings worked fine and I used my PCI Sound Blaster Card. By now I want
to active it again. In order to do so I set the BIOS Option to Auto, but the
On Board Sound is not detected by windows. There is simply no new Plug and
Play component.
What can I do?
Thanks, Thorsten
4 answers Last reply
More about 8ipe1000 board sound working

    >What can I do?

    First you must install the drivers from the CD delivered with your
    board and then reboot your computer and the onboard-sound should work.

    I have the GA-IPE1000Pro and it works fine.

    Udo

    "Udo Kammer" <usenet.spam@gmx.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > >What can I do?
    >
    > First you must install the drivers from the CD delivered with your
    > board and then reboot your computer and the onboard-sound should work.
    >
    > I have the GA-IPE1000Pro and it works fine.

    Thanks for your reply.

    I installed the software from CD, but the drivers won't install until the
    Plug&Play component is actually detected.

    Did you remember to "Save Settings & Exit" after making the change in the
    BIOS?

    "Thorsten Tarrach" <tho_public@gmx.de> wrote in message

    > "Udo Kammer" <usenet.spam@gmx.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > > >What can I do?
    > >
    > > First you must install the drivers from the CD delivered with your
    > > board and then reboot your computer and the onboard-sound should work.
    > >
    > > I have the GA-IPE1000Pro and it works fine.
    >
    > Thanks for your reply.
    >
    > I installed the software from CD, but the drivers won't install until the
    > Plug&Play component is actually detected.

  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte (More info?)

    >Did you remember to "Save Settings & Exit" after making the change in the
    >BIOS?

    He tried to use the Onboardsound and the Soundblaster at the same
    time, which is impossible.

    Udo Kammer

Gigabyte Sound Blaster Motherboards