BIOS dose not recognize second hard disk, please help.

Hi,

BIOS can not recognize the second hard disk. I changed the cable from hard
disk to motherboard, Falsh the BIOS, jumper setting is correct, and hard disk
has vibration when window starts , so what is the problem? BIOS shows just
the first hard disk and shows NONE for the second one. any idea? Thanks for
your help.

Regards,
Faram.

How old is the pc and does the new bios support the size of hard drive you
are installing...? What is the size of the drive you are trying to install.
Do you get any errors, does your computer hang at boot up..?

"Nick Burns" wrote:

> How old is the pc and does the new bios support the size of hard drive you
> are installing...? What is the size of the drive you are trying to install.
> Do you get any errors, does your computer hang at boot up..?

It is P4 and It should support 20 GB hard disk. When systms boot up there is
no error message and system boot up normally, but I windows can not see the
hard disk.

Thanks,
Faram.

> "Faram" <Faram@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > BIOS can not recognize the second hard disk. I changed the cable from hard
> > disk to motherboard, Falsh the BIOS, jumper setting is correct, and hard
> disk
> > has vibration when window starts , so what is the problem? BIOS shows just
> > the first hard disk and shows NONE for the second one. any idea? Thanks
> for
> > your help.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Faram.

For Primary Master, Primary Slave, Secondary Master and Secondary Slave
did you set each one for Auto in the Bios.
"Faram" <Faram@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> BIOS can not recognize the second hard disk. I changed the cable from hard
> disk to motherboard, Falsh the BIOS, jumper setting is correct, and hard
> disk
> has vibration when window starts , so what is the problem? BIOS shows just
> the first hard disk and shows NONE for the second one. any idea? Thanks
> for
> your help.
>
> Regards,
> Faram.

Hi Rich;

Yes, they are all set to AUTO.

Thanks,
Faram.

"Rich Barry" wrote:

> For Primary Master, Primary Slave, Secondary Master and Secondary Slave
> did you set each one for Auto in the Bios.
> "Faram" <Faram@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > BIOS can not recognize the second hard disk. I changed the cable from hard
> > disk to motherboard, Falsh the BIOS, jumper setting is correct, and hard
> > disk
> > has vibration when window starts , so what is the problem? BIOS shows just
> > the first hard disk and shows NONE for the second one. any idea? Thanks
> > for
> > your help.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Faram.

norm

"Faram" <Faram@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Hi,

BIOS can not recognize the second hard disk. I changed the cable from hard
disk to motherboard, Falsh the BIOS, jumper setting is correct, and hard
disk
has vibration when window starts , so what is the problem? BIOS shows just
the first hard disk and shows NONE for the second one. any idea? Thanks for
your help.

Regards,
Faram.

What's the make and model # of the 2 drives.

"Norm" wrote:

> "Faram" <Faram@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> BIOS can not recognize the second hard disk. I changed the cable from hard
> disk to motherboard, Falsh the BIOS, jumper setting is correct, and hard
> disk
> has vibration when window starts , so what is the problem? BIOS shows just
> the first hard disk and shows NONE for the second one. any idea? Thanks for
> your help.
>
> Regards,
> Faram.
>
> What's the make and model # of the 2 drives.

Maxtor 541DX 5400RPM 20 GB
Model: 2B020H1

Thanks,
Faram.

Just another suggestion. Is the red stripe on the cable facing the white
molex power connector.
"Norm" <spamspam@spam.com> wrote in message
> "Faram" <Faram@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> BIOS can not recognize the second hard disk. I changed the cable from hard
> disk to motherboard, Falsh the BIOS, jumper setting is correct, and hard
> disk
> has vibration when window starts , so what is the problem? BIOS shows just
> the first hard disk and shows NONE for the second one. any idea? Thanks
> for
> your help.
>
> Regards,
> Faram.
>
> What's the make and model # of the 2 drives.

Yes, red cable is facing the white power connector, but the cable can't fit
the other way, any way.

"Rich Barry" wrote:

> Just another suggestion. Is the red stripe on the cable facing the white
> molex power connector.
> "Norm" <spamspam@spam.com> wrote in message
> > "Faram" <Faram@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > BIOS can not recognize the second hard disk. I changed the cable from hard
> > disk to motherboard, Falsh the BIOS, jumper setting is correct, and hard
> > disk
> > has vibration when window starts , so what is the problem? BIOS shows just
> > the first hard disk and shows NONE for the second one. any idea? Thanks
> > for
> > your help.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Faram.
> >
> > What's the make and model # of the 2 drives.

Maybe your drive is DEAD.
Does it spin up when you turn power on?
Did you try to use is with different system? (just to verify drive)