looking for good quality A3+ inkjet that can also print on..

Hi

I'm looking for a good quality A3+ inkjet that can also print on CD's/DVD's.

Any suggestions?

I have been seriously considering the Epson R800 as the reports Ive read say
it gives outstanding print quality. The only drawback is its A4.

Does anyone know if Epson are likely to do an A3 version?

Thanks for any info.

Ian
9 answers Last reply
More about looking good quality inkjet print

    "Ian Roberts" <sorry@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I'm looking for a good quality A3+ inkjet that can also print on
    CD's/DVD's.

    > Any suggestions?

    The Epson 2100 (Europe) is a good A3 pigment ink photo printer that will
    handle CD's but I don't think the USA model 2200 comes with the CD printer
    tray.

    On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 13:07:33 +0100, "Ian Roberts" <sorry@NOSPAM.com>
    wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >I'm looking for a good quality A3+ inkjet that can also print on CD's/DVD's.
    >
    >Any suggestions?
    >
    >I have been seriously considering the Epson R800 as the reports Ive read say
    >it gives outstanding print quality. The only drawback is its A4.
    >
    >Does anyone know if Epson are likely to do an A3 version?
    >
    >Thanks for any info.
    >
    >Ian

    Epson 2100 (2200 if you're in the US).

    --

    Hecate
    Hecate@newsguy.com

    I also heard that the 2200 in the US does not include the CD tray, so better
    check it out first. The 2100 has both the CD tray and the gray balancer. The
    PM4000-PX in Japan has the CD tray but no gray balancer, and I was given to
    understand that the 2200 includes neither.

    Toby

    On 19 Jun 2004 06:21:11 -0500, "Toby" <kymarto123@ybb.ne.jpp> wrote:

    >I also heard that the 2200 in the US does not include the CD tray, so better
    >check it out first. The 2100 has both the CD tray and the gray balancer. The
    >PM4000-PX in Japan has the CD tray but no gray balancer, and I was given to
    >understand that the 2200 includes neither.

    They obviously think that Americans don't print to CD or use B&W ;-)

    --

    Hecate
    Hecate@newsguy.com

    A very stupid decision for which they have been roundly criticized.

    On 20 Jun 2004 10:40:12 -0500, "Toby" <kymarto123@ybb.ne.jpp> wrote:

    >A very stupid decision for which they have been roundly criticized.

    And they should be. I hate it when manufacturers make different
    packages for US and Europe, never mind Japan. It's bad enough that
    seem to think $1 = £1.

    --

    Hecate
    Hecate@newsguy.com

    Hecate <hecate@newsguy.com> wrote in message news:<j4kcd0944acub08ogg7le2va10v446jg9e@4ax.com>...
    > On 20 Jun 2004 10:40:12 -0500, "Toby" <kymarto123@ybb.ne.jpp> wrote:
    >
    > >A very stupid decision for which they have been roundly criticized.
    > >
    > And they should be. I hate it when manufacturers make different
    > packages for US and Europe, never mind Japan. It's bad enough that
    > seem to think $1 = £1.

    I've read elsewhere that the reason they do this has to do with
    patent rights. They supposedly would have to pay royaltees to
    somebody in the U.S. if they included their cd printing version
    in the U.S. -- and they don't want to, presumably.

    This is nearly a "rumor" at this point, so take it in that vein.

    Mike

    gewgle@yahoo.com (Anoni Moose) wrote:

    >Hecate <hecate@newsguy.com> wrote in message news:<j4kcd0944acub08ogg7le2va10v446jg9e@4ax.com>...
    >> On 20 Jun 2004 10:40:12 -0500, "Toby" <kymarto123@ybb.ne.jpp> wrote:
    >>
    >> >A very stupid decision for which they have been roundly criticized.
    >> >
    >> And they should be. I hate it when manufacturers make different
    >> packages for US and Europe, never mind Japan. It's bad enough that
    >> seem to think $1 = £1.
    >
    >I've read elsewhere that the reason they do this has to do with
    >patent rights. They supposedly would have to pay royaltees to
    >somebody in the U.S. if they included their cd printing version
    >in the U.S. -- and they don't want to, presumably.
    >
    >This is nearly a "rumor" at this point, so take it in that vein.
    >
    >Mike

    I have a friend who has an R300 which prints on CDs. He's bought it
    here in Canada. Both the R200 and the R300 do.

    they wouldn't have to pay any royalties to include their gray balancer,
    though...

    Toby
    "Anoni Moose" <gewgle@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hecate <hecate@newsguy.com> wrote in message
    > > On 20 Jun 2004 10:40:12 -0500, "Toby" <kymarto123@ybb.ne.jpp> wrote:
    > >
    > > >A very stupid decision for which they have been roundly criticized.
    > > >
    > > And they should be. I hate it when manufacturers make different
    > > packages for US and Europe, never mind Japan. It's bad enough that
    > > seem to think $1 = £1.
    >
    > I've read elsewhere that the reason they do this has to do with
    > patent rights. They supposedly would have to pay royaltees to
    > somebody in the U.S. if they included their cd printing version
    > in the U.S. -- and they don't want to, presumably.
    >
    > This is nearly a "rumor" at this point, so take it in that vein.
    >
    > Mike

Printers Inkjet Epson Peripherals