Graphic Problems-No Display

I have a strange problem. A friend was using my computer and while messing
around, he deleted the graphic card I was using. Now, the PC and windows
seems to start fine but once windows xp kicks in, everything goes black. I
can see the HD light working so I know things are going on in there, but I
just can't see anything. I've attempted using different cards in there(all
same family, diff. models) but have the same problem. Is there a solution to
this problem or is it time for me to upgrade?

Try starting in Safe Mode(hold down F8 before system starts windows) and
changing the resolution of the adapter to the default adapter rate. Also
change the refresh frequency (hz). Removing drivers in safe mode usually
clears "ghost" drivers.

"Dana Red" wrote:

> I have a strange problem. A friend was using my computer and while messing
> around, he deleted the graphic card I was using. Now, the PC and windows
> seems to start fine but once windows xp kicks in, everything goes black. I
> can see the HD light working so I know things are going on in there, but I
> just can't see anything. I've attempted using different cards in there(all
> same family, diff. models) but have the same problem. Is there a solution to
> this problem or is it time for me to upgrade?

Or press F8 and instead of choosing Safe Mode, just choose VGA Mode ;)

-----
Nathan McNulty
Swap gmail with name for email :)