Third Hard drive problem.

I have a 3rd hard drive connected to a USB2 board. It is broken into 2
partitions. I run xpsp2 prof. There is a directory which I cannot access or
delete. I cannot fdisk it either. How would I clean this out so that there
are no files in this partition so that I can reformat it?

"Bullwinkle. J. Moose" <moose.nyc@nospam.verizon.net> wrote in message
> I have a 3rd hard drive connected to a USB2 board. It is broken into 2
> partitions. I run xpsp2 prof. There is a directory which I cannot access
or
> delete. I cannot fdisk it either. How would I clean this out so that there
> are no files in this partition so that I can reformat it?

How did you "fdisk" your drive? There is no fdisk.exe under
WinXP - it's a Win9x command.

I would use the WinXP Storage Manager to delete all partitions
on the problem disk. You can then create new partitions and
format them.

Thanks. I found that out. I ended up by going to the windows xp resource kit
and used the disk management module to reformat the problem drive.

It worked. Thanks for your help.