GA-7N400-L + Athlon XP 2200+

I have just installed a GA-7N400-l Motherboard with a Athlon XP 2200+
processor on Windows XP Professional all is working fine except when
I go to the General tab in the control panel the processor shows up as a
Athlon XP 1500 +

In the jumper settings I left th "CLK_RATIO" and the "CLK_SW" to the default
settings, should I change these and any hints as to what too..?

Thanks for any help...
3 answers Last reply
More about 7n400 athlon 2200

    On Sun, 30 May 2004 13:36:00 +1000, "Thomas Blake"
    <thomasblake@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

    >I have just installed a GA-7N400-l Motherboard with a Athlon XP 2200+
    >processor on Windows XP Professional all is working fine except when
    > I go to the General tab in the control panel the processor shows up as a
    >Athlon XP 1500 +
    >
    >In the jumper settings I left th "CLK_RATIO" and the "CLK_SW" to the default
    >settings, should I change these and any hints as to what too..?
    >
    >Thanks for any help...
    >
    >Flick the CLK_SW after first shutting down of course!

    SHMUCK!

    Hi,

    Thomas Blake wrote:

    > In the jumper settings I left th "CLK_RATIO" and the "CLK_SW" to the default
    > settings, should I change these and any hints as to what too..?

    as far as I know the 2200+ works with FSB 266 (133 MHz). The CLK_SW is
    on default set to "100 MHz" (to protect older CPUs). If you want the
    board to run the CPU properly on 133/266 MHz you should change that SW
    to "AUTO". The others are OK.

    Bye
    Marcus

    Suggest you read the manual.
    Henny
    "Thomas Blake" <thomasblake@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message

    > I have just installed a GA-7N400-l Motherboard with a Athlon XP 2200+
    > processor on Windows XP Professional all is working fine except when
    > I go to the General tab in the control panel the processor shows up as a
    > Athlon XP 1500 +
    >
    > In the jumper settings I left th "CLK_RATIO" and the "CLK_SW" to the
    default
    > settings, should I change these and any hints as to what too..?
    >
    > Thanks for any help...

Gigabyte Processors Windows XP Motherboards