GA-7N400-L + Athlon XP 2200+

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
May 30, 2004 5:36:00 PM

I have just installed a GA-7N400-l Motherboard with a Athlon XP 2200+
processor on Windows XP Professional all is working fine except when
I go to the General tab in the control panel the processor shows up as a
Athlon XP 1500 +

In the jumper settings I left th "CLK_RATIO" and the "CLK_SW" to the default
settings, should I change these and any hints as to what too..?

Thanks for any help...

More about : 7n400 athlon 2200

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 30, 2004 7:18:14 PM

On Sun, 30 May 2004 13:36:00 +1000, "Thomas Blake"
<thomasblake@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

>I have just installed a GA-7N400-l Motherboard with a Athlon XP 2200+
>processor on Windows XP Professional all is working fine except when
> I go to the General tab in the control panel the processor shows up as a
>Athlon XP 1500 +
>
>In the jumper settings I left th "CLK_RATIO" and the "CLK_SW" to the default
>settings, should I change these and any hints as to what too..?
>
>Thanks for any help...
>
>Flick the CLK_SW after first shutting down of course!

SHMUCK!
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 30, 2004 9:18:05 PM

Hi,

Thomas Blake wrote:

> In the jumper settings I left th "CLK_RATIO" and the "CLK_SW" to the default
> settings, should I change these and any hints as to what too..?

as far as I know the 2200+ works with FSB 266 (133 MHz). The CLK_SW is
on default set to "100 MHz" (to protect older CPUs). If you want the
board to run the CPU properly on 133/266 MHz you should change that SW
to "AUTO". The others are OK.

Bye
Marcus
Anonymous