Just installed new printer Lexmark 5200 series, instructions said to cancel
all Wizards and use the CD from Lexmark, done that now keep getting popup
saying found new hardware, any answers to stop it , its driving me crazy
--
magoos

bar

What does the manual for the printer suggest?

It may be necessary to allow XP to let the hardware wizard to complete.

If not, you can choose not to allow the prompt to launch again.

"magoos" wrote:

> Just installed new printer Lexmark 5200 series, instructions said to cancel
> all Wizards and use the CD from Lexmark, done that now keep getting popup
> saying found new hardware, any answers to stop it , its driving me crazy
> --
> magoos

Install software BEFORE connecting printer!

Now you'll have to uninstall and start again.
www.coribright.com

"magoos" <magoos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Just installed new printer Lexmark 5200 series, instructions said to
> cancel
> all Wizards and use the CD from Lexmark, done that now keep getting popup
> saying found new hardware, any answers to stop it , its driving me crazy
> --
> magoos

I'm having the same problem with my HP PSC 2355 (all-in-one printer) AND my
new HP/Apple iPod (for Windows). The instructions for both say to not plug
in device until the HP setup process instructs you to do so (so that you are
installing files before plugging in device). However, even at the
appropriate time to plug in the device and after doing so, Windows still pops
up the Add New Hardware Wizard window, and this messes up the HP installation
(for both the printer and iPod). It doesn't even make a difference whether
you click to cancel the add hardware wiz or try to run it, neither will work.
HELP!!

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Install software BEFORE connecting printer!
>
> Now you'll have to uninstall and start again.
> www.coribright.com
>
> "magoos" <magoos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Just installed new printer Lexmark 5200 series, instructions said to
> > cancel
> > all Wizards and use the CD from Lexmark, done that now keep getting popup
> > saying found new hardware, any answers to stop it , its driving me crazy
> > --
> > magoos

I am having the same problem with my lexmark x2250. I contacted Lexmark tech
support and after trying several things they gave up on me and advise me to
check with Microsoft support. If anyone has any idea how to solve this
problem, please let us know.