GA-VT600L PowerProblem?

Hey, I've just intalled a new GA-VT600L mainboard for my system (see specs
below) I have a kobian Mercury 300W PSU, admittely isn't alot of power but
it seems to be handling the system at the moment.

The system works fine except for one issue when I choose shutdown from the
Windows startmenu, the system closes windows as usual, and powers down, but
only for a split second, it then powers itself back up and restarts. This
can't be good for my hardware so I'm trying to work out the problem asap!
I've checked motherboard powerbutton/led connections and all seem correct.
I've also played around with some PowerManagment settings in BIOS with no
luck.

Another power problem is, during bootup, if I press the power button instead
of turning off it just restarts, just like the windows shutdown. Only
difference is if I carry out the cycle of pressing the button usually on the
third press it shuts down completely. The board is REV 2.0 and BIOS is F9 I
think!

It's like the motherboard/power supply is always receiving the POWER_ON
status signal. Maybe a short somewhere?

256Mb PC2700 Corsair memory,
200Gb total HD space,
Win XP Prof SP1 Lite-On CDRW
Thermaltake V2000a case

Any help appreciated!

I'll answer my own question - I'd missed one of the power managment options
in BIOS - disabling 'Wake up on PME Event' fixed it nicely!

AC

"A Cowan" <ally@cowan1057.(NOSPAM).freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hey, I've just intalled a new GA-VT600L mainboard for my system (see specs
> below) I have a kobian Mercury 300W PSU, admittely isn't alot of power but
> it seems to be handling the system at the moment.
>
> The system works fine except for one issue when I choose shutdown from the
> Windows startmenu, the system closes windows as usual, and powers down,
but
> only for a split second, it then powers itself back up and restarts. This
> can't be good for my hardware so I'm trying to work out the problem asap!
> I've checked motherboard powerbutton/led connections and all seem correct.
> I've also played around with some PowerManagment settings in BIOS with no
> luck.
>
> Another power problem is, during bootup, if I press the power button
instead
> of turning off it just restarts, just like the windows shutdown. Only
> difference is if I carry out the cycle of pressing the button usually on
the
> third press it shuts down completely. The board is REV 2.0 and BIOS is F9
> think!
>
> It's like the motherboard/power supply is always receiving the POWER_ON
> status signal. Maybe a short somewhere?
>
> 256Mb PC2700 Corsair memory,
> 200Gb total HD space,
> Win XP Prof SP1 Lite-On CDRW