Question Mac wont let me repair datastick sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

USBstress

Honorable
May 19, 2012
Hello,
Formatted my Centon Datastick Sport 64GB to my Mac and started adding files. Not sure what happened but mid transfer it rendered the flash drive useless. I have tried erasing it and doing a repair but it will not let me select those options. It now has a read only status. But still has the name I gave it. Not sure if there is a way to force a repair erase when it says its read only. Please help!

redeye

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2005
find the command line command that "nukes" or "erases" the stick... a mac is a linux-like computer, so you should be able to fix the usb stick if it is fixable...

if you own that mac computer, why not go to the Genius bar to get it fixed?.

djsprat

Honorable
May 22, 2012
Any word on solving this problem? I have the same issue. The drive is not accessible on Mac or Windows. Did you return it? That is what I am thinking of doing.

djsprat

Honorable
May 22, 2012
Any word on solving this problem? I have the same issue. The drive is not accessible on Mac or Windows. Did you return it? That is what I am thinking of doing.

roagie

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010
This is a permissions error. Sounds like there is a file on the drive that's locking you out.
in terminal change directory to the drive.

sudo chown <user> <drag file here>

repeat until you've done the files on the drive.

also maybe try a permissions repair

let me know if it works

Netmizor

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
I realize this is an old post but...I had similar problems with one of the Centon Datastick Sport 64G flash drives that I wanted to use with both Windows and the Mac. I formatted the drive as ExFat using the Mac's Disk app and have been using it continuously under both platforms without R/W issues. The speed is not what I expected but it's usable.

giddyups

Honorable
Dec 2, 2012
For Mac users:

Go to Utilities --> Disk Utility

Select the USB Drive

Partition the drive and name it [Warning: Any data on the drive will be erased]

SIMPLE AS THAT!

It worked for my Centon Datastick Sport 128GB

Status
Not open for further replies.