I'd have to say that Gigabyte takes care of thier cutomers

Hello all:

Just wanted to let you all know that when I discovered that my
GA-8IHXP board had bad capacitors, I emailed tech support on a SUNDAY,
who emailed me back on that same day to tell me to call to GB USA for
warranty work. Well I did that on Tuesday, and by yesterday I had an
RMA number.

So I will send it in with a check for 10 dollars(to cover thier
shipping costs back to me) on Monday and I should have a
refurb/repaired board back within 10 days!

This was good news to me since I bought the board off of Ebay and had
no idea who the original reseller was. I looked all over the web, and
I only found a couple of places in Canada that sold them--for well
over $170.00(USD)

Way to go Gigabyte!!

They don't make RAMBUS boards anymore, though I thought that RAMBUS
was going to come out with a new generation of Memory. Plus they won
some big patent lawsuit against DDR makers IIRC.

Bob

Lucky you, I had problems with my GA-VT600(-L) board restarting itself after
windows shutdown. I emailed techsupport describing the problem. Four days
later I received a reply stating

"Dear Sir,

I feel in this situation email support will be insufficient.
Please can you return your board to the place of purchase for second opinion
or RMA"

and thats it!

Luckily I had been playing around with the BIOS and happened to disable
'Wake up on PME' which solved the problem. If I hadn't have found that this
one little setting was causing my problems I would've had to take out the
entire mobo send it back and wait for a replacement! In my mind it doesn't
say alot for their effort and knowledge and I'm glad their 'advice' was
wrong as it would've wasted alot of time.

AC