GA-8KNXP wont POST

After a blue screen I havn't be able to get anything from my system. The
hard drives spin up and the cd drives flash but there no beeps or keyboard
lights.I have pulled the graphicscard and RAM but still get no beeps. I
havent got a spare PSU or Processor to put in, anyone got any ideas ?

Jim.
7 answers Last reply
More about 8knxp wont post

    Disconnect your front panel connectors: reset and power. try a manual power
    up.
    Check you don't have rogue screws around, lose cables etc to anything.
    Reseat AGP.

    What was the cause of the BSOD?

    - Tim

    "Jim Nichol" <_no_spam_jims.news@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
    > After a blue screen I havn't be able to get anything from my system. The
    > hard drives spin up and the cd drives flash but there no beeps or keyboard
    > lights.I have pulled the graphicscard and RAM but still get no beeps. I
    > havent got a spare PSU or Processor to put in, anyone got any ideas ?
    >
    > Jim.

    Thanks Tim
    I have tried this but still get the same symptoms. The bsod was a page
    fault but i didn't catch the file name.
    This happened after i moved the pagefile to my 2nd hard drive but i dont see
    how it can be related.

    "Tim" <Tim@NoSpam.com> wrote in message news:c9u93q$d9v$1@lust.ihug.co.nz...
    > Disconnect your front panel connectors: reset and power. try a manual
    power
    > up.
    > Check you don't have rogue screws around, lose cables etc to anything.
    > Reseat AGP.
    >
    > What was the cause of the BSOD?
    >
    > - Tim
    >

    > "Jim Nichol" <_no_spam_jims.news@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
    > > After a blue screen I havn't be able to get anything from my system. The
    > > hard drives spin up and the cd drives flash but there no beeps or
    keyboard
    > > lights.I have pulled the graphicscard and RAM but still get no beeps. I
    > > havent got a spare PSU or Processor to put in, anyone got any ideas ?
    > >
    > > Jim.

    How about full details on your system config, bios version, and changes made
    since it was last stable. Include PSU and system cooling details

    > Thanks Tim
    > I have tried this but still get the same symptoms. The bsod was a page
    > fault but i didn't catch the file name.
    > This happened after i moved the pagefile to my 2nd hard drive but i dont
    > see
    > how it can be related.
    >

    > "Tim" <Tim@NoSpam.com> wrote in message
    >> Disconnect your front panel connectors: reset and power. try a manual
    > power
    >> up.
    >> Check you don't have rogue screws around, lose cables etc to anything.
    >> Reseat AGP.
    >>
    >> What was the cause of the BSOD?
    >>
    >> - Tim
    >>

    >> "Jim Nichol" <_no_spam_jims.news@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
    >> > After a blue screen I havn't be able to get anything from my system.
    >> > The
    >> > hard drives spin up and the cd drives flash but there no beeps or
    > keyboard
    >> > lights.I have pulled the graphicscard and RAM but still get no beeps. I
    >> > havent got a spare PSU or Processor to put in, anyone got any ideas ?
    >> >
    >> > Jim.

  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte (More info?)

    Hi Tim
    I think I have a Rev 1 board, with P4 2.4 800 fsb, 2*256 DDR 400
    (generic) ATI radeon 9600Pro 256 MB (400 MHz). 2*80 GB western digital IDE
    drives (8mb cache) (not RAID) Lite-on cd rewriter and liteon DVD
    rewriter.PSU is Eagle 350 watt that came with my case.I dont know BIOS
    version but it was September 2003
    cooling is stock + 1 case fan
    Windows 2000 with all latest patches

    The only recent change i made was moving pagefile.sys to my 2nd drive. The
    last hardware change I made was adding the DVD but that has run fine for 6
    weeks

    "Tim" <Tim@NoSpam.com> wrote in message news:c9uqik$o32$1@lust.ihug.co.nz...
    > How about full details on your system config, bios version, and changes
    made
    > since it was last stable. Include PSU and system cooling details
    > - Tim
    >
    > "Jim Nichol" <_no_spam_jims.news@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
    > > Thanks Tim
    > > I have tried this but still get the same symptoms. The bsod was a
    page
    > > fault but i didn't catch the file name.
    > > This happened after i moved the pagefile to my 2nd hard drive but i dont
    > > see
    > > how it can be related.
    > >

    > > "Tim" <Tim@NoSpam.com> wrote in message
    > >> Disconnect your front panel connectors: reset and power. try a manual
    > > power
    > >> up.
    > >> Check you don't have rogue screws around, lose cables etc to anything.
    > >> Reseat AGP.
    > >>
    > >> What was the cause of the BSOD?
    > >>
    > >> - Tim
    > >>

    > >> "Jim Nichol" <_no_spam_jims.news@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
    > > keyboard

  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte (More info?)

    Hi all - i have a similar problem with my new machine - at first, with
    2 RAM DIMMs i was getting continuous short beeps. I took out one DIMM
    and now it gives me no beeps at all !
    Details:
    ThermalTake case/psu (480 Purepower)
    Gigabyte 8knxp
    P4 2.8C
    2X512 DDR400
    Gigabyte 9600XT
    Audigy 2

    Any ideas ? Can't be a f**ked power supply can it ??
  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte (More info?)

    I have it down to PSU, CPU or motherboard. My bet is the MB but not for any
    logical reason
    I got them all from the same place in Nov so I will take them back tommrow
    for testing.

    Jim.
    "Markavelii" <markavelii@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all - i have a similar problem with my new machine - at first, with
    > 2 RAM DIMMs i was getting continuous short beeps. I took out one DIMM
    > and now it gives me no beeps at all !
    > Details:
    > ThermalTake case/psu (480 Purepower)
    > Gigabyte 8knxp
    > P4 2.8C
    > 2X512 DDR400
    > Gigabyte 9600XT
    > Audigy 2
    >
    > Any ideas ? Can't be a f**ked power supply can it ??
  7. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte (More info?)

    The mother board would not boot in the shop, they are getting me a new one
    tommrow.
    > I have it down to PSU, CPU or motherboard. My bet is the MB but not for
    any
    > logical reason
    > I got them all from the same place in Nov so I will take them back
    tommrow
    > for testing.
    >
    > Jim.
    > "Markavelii" <markavelii@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi all - i have a similar problem with my new machine - at first, with
    > > 2 RAM DIMMs i was getting continuous short beeps. I took out one DIMM
    > > and now it gives me no beeps at all !
    > > Details:
    > > ThermalTake case/psu (480 Purepower)
    > > Gigabyte 8knxp
    > > P4 2.8C
    > > 2X512 DDR400
    > > Gigabyte 9600XT
    > > Audigy 2
    > >
    > > Any ideas ? Can't be a f**ked power supply can it ??

Gigabyte Motherboards