Multimedia Augio Controller

jay

Hi. I've done something stupid
While trying to get rid of junk in Add/Remove software, I must have removed
a driver.
When rebooting I get New Hardware found wizard for 'Multimedia Audio
Controller'. But the wizard can't find it in my WnXP CD .
Can someone please tell me how I go about finding it. Don't have the
Machine's Recov CD
How does one find out the make of a hardware without opening up the machine?
It's a Laptop Hi-Grade, OS Win XP.
I went onto the Hi-Grade web site and they have a huge FTP base with
hundreds of folders but nothing that says Mult..Aud. Cont.
and there is no search facility.
Thanks for any help on this.

Jay wrote:
> Hi. I've done something stupid
> While trying to get rid of junk in Add/Remove software, I must have
> removed a driver.
> When rebooting I get New Hardware found wizard for 'Multimedia Audio
> Controller'. But the wizard can't find it in my WnXP CD .
> Can someone please tell me how I go about finding it. Don't have the
> Machine's Recov CD
> How does one find out the make of a hardware without opening up the
> machine? It's a Laptop Hi-Grade, OS Win XP.
> I went onto the Hi-Grade web site and they have a huge FTP base with
> hundreds of folders but nothing that says Mult..Aud. Cont.
> and there is no search facility.
> Thanks for any help on this.

RTFM!!
lose his marbles?

jay

Typing error. I meant Audio

"Jay" <nope@tospam.com> wrote in message
> Hi. I've done something stupid
> While trying to get rid of junk in Add/Remove software, I must have
> removed a driver.
> When rebooting I get New Hardware found wizard for 'Multimedia Audio
> Controller'. But the wizard can't find it in my WnXP CD .
> Can someone please tell me how I go about finding it. Don't have the
> Machine's Recov CD
> How does one find out the make of a hardware without opening up the
> machine?
> It's a Laptop Hi-Grade, OS Win XP.
> I went onto the Hi-Grade web site and they have a huge FTP base with
> hundreds of folders but nothing that says Mult..Aud. Cont.
> and there is no search facility.
> Thanks for any help on this.

jay

Sound now works.
For anyone who may need to know
From the tons of Folders to upgrade from on the FTP site of the Laptop's
manufacturers, I was looking for the Laptops name but in fact they are all
listed by model numbers, which is on the sticker under the machine near the
serial no.
When I opened it there was all the drivers I needed and more.