GA-K8NPro vs GA-K8NNXP Which MB would you choose?

I can't seem to tell the diff. between these 2 boards. What does the
NNXP have that warrants a much higher price tag?

Robert Butler <butler@austin.rr.com> wrote in message news:<LQxwc.39638$4x2.28093@fe2.texas.rr.com>...
> I can't seem to tell the diff. between these 2 boards. What does the
> NNXP have that warrants a much higher price tag?

I'm having the same problem Robert - trying to find a reason to spend
the extra $70 (AUD) on the NNXP.

It seems that:

The NNXP come with Dual LAN (an extra 10/100 over the NPro2)- both
have gigabit as well.

The NNXP comes with DPS (6-phase power - Gigabyte claim this provides
extra stability and helps components last longer)

The NNXP comes with Dolby Digital sound - but only if you use the
SPDIF connector - if you don't it uses the same AC97 codec present on
the NPro2

The NPro2 comes with onboard Ge4MX graphics which the NNXP does not.

The NNXP also supports DDR400 RAM and 400MHz FSB, which the NPro2 do
not.

In short it seems like the NNXP has additional features, minus the
graphics onboard of the NPro2. I do not forsee using many of these
features myself, so I'm presonally leaning towards the cheaper NPro2.

Hope this helps.

>The NPro2 comes with onboard Ge4MX graphics which the NNXP does not.

The KbN Pro doesn't have onboard graphic card!

I bought the K8VT800 Pro.

Moritz

Moritz Kürten <moritz.kuerten@web.de> wrote in message news:<tnj6c0deuopg88n81dk1rvl24onq6uv51a@4ax.com>...
> >The NPro2 comes with onboard Ge4MX graphics which the NNXP does not.
>
> The KbN Pro doesn't have onboard graphic card!
>
> I bought the K8VT800 Pro.
>
> Moritz

Moritz is correct. Both the NNXP and NPro don't come with an GeMX4
standard - but both are available in -V options (NPro2 V and NNXP-V)
which do have onboard video.

TRENDING THREADS