Can't connect on the internet when I install SP2

answer

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2002

I have Win XP Pro SP1,
two days ago I have installed SP2 and now I cant connect to the internet,
I have dial up modem 56K.
What shoud I do?

Thanks

ANSWER wrote:
> I have Win XP Pro SP1,
> two days ago I have installed SP2 and now I cant connect to the
> internet, I have dial up modem 56K.
> What shoud I do?
>
> Thanks

Get the latest XP driver for your modem & install it in device manager.

ANSWER Wrote:
> I have Win XP Pro SP1,
> two days ago I have installed SP2 and now I cant connect to the
> internet,
> I have dial up modem 56K.
> What shoud I do?
> Greetings
> i think that your problem is with SP2 firewall. By default Sp2 turn on
> the windows built in firewall. uncheck the box and try to connect to the
> internet to see if that solve ur problem. Good luck
> NB:Sp2 is still new and i will not advice no one to install it only if
> they really have to. :cool:
> From Ras feebles: MCP
> ThanksGreetings
i think that your problem is with SP2 firewall. By default Sp2 turn on
the windows built in firewall. uncheck the box and try to connect to the
internet to see if that solve ur problem. Good luck
NB:Sp2 is still new and i will not advice no one to install it only if
they really have to. :cool:
From Ras feebles: MCP

--
Rasfeebles