installation problems for multiple windows OS and Linux on..

matt

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win2000.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

My goal is to have Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Linux 9 on the same
machine. Initially, I already have Windows 2000 and Windows XP installed,
and every time the machine boots, it launch OS choices menu and everything
was fine. However, after I installed Linux 9, OS choices menu has
changed and it only shows Linux and DOS in the menu, I think that is the
OS choices menu from Linux. When I click DOS, it will launch Windows 2000,
and I couldn't select Windows XP anymore. Windows XP is still in the
computer,
but it just doesn't show in OS choices menu anymore. 3 different OS
are located in 3 separated partitions. It should be 1 OS per partition?
Both Windows 2000 and Linux 9 are installed as primary partition, and
Windows XP is installed as
logical partition. Does physical or logical partition matters on the
OS booting selection?

Any ideas? Any workarounds to this problem?

Please advise. Thanks!!

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win2000.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

www.microsoft.com use search

www.google.com use search

SJ

"Matt" <mattloude@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> My goal is to have Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Linux 9 on the same
> machine. Initially, I already have Windows 2000 and Windows XP installed,
> and every time the machine boots, it launch OS choices menu and everything
> was fine. However, after I installed Linux 9, OS choices menu has
> changed and it only shows Linux and DOS in the menu, I think that is the
> OS choices menu from Linux. When I click DOS, it will launch Windows 2000,
> and I couldn't select Windows XP anymore. Windows XP is still in the
> computer,
> but it just doesn't show in OS choices menu anymore. 3 different OS
> are located in 3 separated partitions. It should be 1 OS per partition?
> Both Windows 2000 and Linux 9 are installed as primary partition, and
> Windows XP is installed as
> logical partition. Does physical or logical partition matters on the
> OS booting selection?
>

> Any ideas? Any workarounds to this problem?
>
> Please advise. Thanks!!

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win2000.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

"Matt" <mattloude@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> My goal is to have Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Linux 9 on the same
> machine. Initially, I already have Windows 2000 and Windows XP installed,
> and every time the machine boots, it launch OS choices menu and everything
> was fine. However, after I installed Linux 9, OS choices menu has
> changed and it only shows Linux and DOS in the menu, I think that is the
> OS choices menu from Linux. When I click DOS, it will launch Windows 2000,
> and I couldn't select Windows XP anymore. Windows XP is still in the
> computer,
> but it just doesn't show in OS choices menu anymore. 3 different OS
> are located in 3 separated partitions. It should be 1 OS per partition?
> Both Windows 2000 and Linux 9 are installed as primary partition, and
> Windows XP is installed as
> logical partition. Does physical or logical partition matters on the
> OS booting selection?
>

> Any ideas? Any workarounds to this problem?
>
> Please advise. Thanks!!

- Are you using the Lilo boot loader?
- What types of Windows partitions do you have - FAT32 or NTFS?
- Do you have access to a partition manager, e.g. PQMagic?

matt

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win2000.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

> - Are you using the Lilo boot loader?
> - What types of Windows partitions do you have - FAT32 or NTFS?
> - Do you have access to a partition manager, e.g. PQMagic?

I am using Partition magic to do the parition, and then install OS.

> > - Are you using the Lilo boot loader?
> > - What types of Windows partitions do you have - FAT32 or NTFS?
> > - Do you have access to a partition manager, e.g. PQMagic?
> >

> I am using Partition magic to do the parition, and then install OS.

That's one answer to my three questions.