Gigabyte GA-8KNXP Ultra

Hi,
Can anubody please tell me the difference between the Ultra and Ultra 2
versions of this board. I can't see any differences on Gigabyte's site.

Regards

Ben

muttley

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2004

Ultra has Realtek ALC-655 sound chip. Ultra V2.0 has Realtek ALC-658 sound
chip.

Ultra V2.0 has support for C.I.A.

Everything else appears to be identical.......

That's all I can see on the website.....

John S.

"Harald" <harald@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Can anubody please tell me the difference between the Ultra and Ultra 2
> versions of this board. I can't see any differences on Gigabyte's site.
>
> Regards
>
> Ben

Thanks,
What is C.I.A?

Ben

"Muttley" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Ultra has Realtek ALC-655 sound chip. Ultra V2.0 has Realtek ALC-658 sound
> chip.
>
> Ultra V2.0 has support for C.I.A.
>
> Everything else appears to be identical.......
>
> That's all I can see on the website.....
>
> John S.
>

> "Harald" <harald@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > Can anubody please tell me the difference between the Ultra and Ultra 2
> > versions of this board. I can't see any differences on Gigabyte's site.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Ben

muttley

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2004

Copied from Webpage for the motherboard;

GIGABYTE C.I.A. (CPU Intelligent Accelerator) Technology
GIGABYTE C.I.A (CPU Intelligent Accelerator) is designed to detect CPU
computing power to maximize system performance. During loading high CPU
resources consumption tasks, such as video and audio encoding programs or
thrilling 3D games, the CPU requires more CPU computing power; when C.I.A is
enabled, it will detect the current CPU loading and automatically accelerate
the CPU computing performance, thus allow programs to execute faster and
smoother. On the other hand, when the programs are terminated, the CPU will
return back to its initial status.