getting processor Serial Number

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.wmi,microsoft.public.win32.programmer.wmi,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Hello there
Is there a way to programmatically get the serial number of the
processor(s), the mainboard, and the RAM modules?
Regards
Sameh
10 answers Last reply
More about getting processor serial number
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win32.programmer.wmi,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.wmi (More info?)

    Processor Serial Number noticifcation must be switched on in BIOS
    Mainboard information will be available without any modification
    RAM [DDR or otherwise] is not identified with any manufacturer's ID or
    serial number

    Get Belarc Adviser and run it on your PC. A free utility that will give you
    this and much more valuable information.

    Why waste time to write your own utility when one this good is free.

    "Sameh Ahmed" wrote:

    > Hello there
    > Is there a way to programmatically get the serial number of the
    > processor(s), the mainboard, and the RAM modules?
    > Regards
    > Sameh

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.wmi,microsoft.public.win32.programmer.wmi,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    EVEREST free from www.lavalys.com

    "Sameh Ahmed" <essoplus@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    | Hello there
    | Is there a way to programmatically get the serial number
    of the
    | processor(s), the mainboard, and the RAM modules?
    | Regards
    | Sameh

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.wmi,microsoft.public.win32.programmer.wmi,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    well actually, I need to use these info in a software I am working on
    so I can't use a ready made application, I need it programmatically.

    > EVEREST free from www.lavalys.com

    > "Sameh Ahmed" <essoplus@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > | Hello there
    > | Is there a way to programmatically get the serial number
    > of the
    > | processor(s), the mainboard, and the RAM modules?
    > | Regards
    > | Sameh

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.wmi,microsoft.public.win32.programmer.wmi,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Well, then you should learn how to write a program or
    license the recommended programs for your needs and have
    them [Bel Arc or Lavaly's] write the code for you.

    | well actually, I need to use these info in a software I am
    working on
    | so I can't use a ready made application, I need it
    programmatically.

    in message
    | > EVEREST free from www.lavalys.com
    | >

    | > --
    | >

    | > "Sameh Ahmed" <essoplus@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    | > | Hello there
    | > | Is there a way to programmatically get the serial
    number
    | > of the
    | > | processor(s), the mainboard, and the RAM modules?
    | > | Regards
    | > | Sameh
    | > |
    | > |

  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.wmi,microsoft.public.win32.programmer.wmi,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    This is a programming newsgroup, what kind of response is that...? What dev
    lang are you using Sameh?
    Buc

    > Well, then you should learn how to write a program or
    > license the recommended programs for your needs and have
    > them [Bel Arc or Lavaly's] write the code for you.

    > "Sameh Ahmed" <essoplus@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > | well actually, I need to use these info in a software I am
    > working on
    > | so I can't use a ready made application, I need it
    > programmatically.
    > |
    > | "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm> wrote
    > in message
    > | > EVEREST free from www.lavalys.com
    > | >

    > | > --
    > | > The people think the Constitution protects their rights;
    > | > But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
    > | >

    > | > "Sameh Ahmed" <essoplus@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > number
    > | > of the
    > | > |
    > | > |

  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.wmi,microsoft.public.win32.programmer.wmi,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    It isn't all in a programming group,
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware is where I saw it.

    "Buc" <bucrepus@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    | This is a programming newsgroup, what kind of response is
    that...? What dev
    | lang are you using Sameh?
    | Buc

    in message
    | > Well, then you should learn how to write a program or
    | > license the recommended programs for your needs and have
    | > them [Bel Arc or Lavaly's] write the code for you.
    | >

    | > --
    | >

    | > "Sameh Ahmed" <essoplus@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    | > | well actually, I need to use these info in a software
    I am
    | > working on
    | > | so I can't use a ready made application, I need it
    | > programmatically.
    | > |
    | > | "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm>
    wrote
    | > in message

    overcome.

    message
    | > number
    | > | > |
    | > | > |

    | > |
    | > |

  7. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.wmi,microsoft.public.win32.programmer.wmi,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Sameh Ahmed wrote:

    > well actually, I need to use these info in a software I am working on
    > so I can't use a ready made application, I need it programmatically.

    Firstly, the information you would get would be shaky, in fact you'd be
    lucky to get anything. Secondly it would only work if you were running
    as an Admin of the remote box.

    --
    Gerry Hickman (London UK)
  8. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.wmi,microsoft.public.win32.programmer.wmi,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    VB.Net Buc
    can insert some VB script or C# if things get ugly:)

    "Buc" <bucrepus@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > This is a programming newsgroup, what kind of response is that...? What
    > dev lang are you using Sameh?
    > Buc
    >
    > "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm> wrote in message
    >> Well, then you should learn how to write a program or
    >> license the recommended programs for your needs and have
    >> them [Bel Arc or Lavaly's] write the code for you.
    >>

    >> --
    >> The people think the Constitution protects their rights;
    >> But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
    >>

    >> "Sameh Ahmed" <essoplus@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> | well actually, I need to use these info in a software I am
    >> working on
    >> | so I can't use a ready made application, I need it
    >> programmatically.
    >> |
    >> | "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm> wrote
    >> in message

    >> number
    >> | > |
    >> | > |

  9. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.wmi,microsoft.public.win32.programmer.wmi,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    being an admin wouldn't be a problem.

    "Gerry Hickman" <gerry666uk@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Sameh Ahmed wrote:
    >
    >> well actually, I need to use these info in a software I am working on
    >> so I can't use a ready made application, I need it programmatically.
    >
    > Firstly, the information you would get would be shaky, in fact you'd be
    > lucky to get anything. Secondly it would only work if you were running as
    > an Admin of the remote box.
    >
    > --
    > Gerry Hickman (London UK)
  10. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.wmi,microsoft.public.win32.programmer.wmi,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Here's a snippet I used in one of my projects for some WMI stuff
    Imports System.IO

    '**************

    Dim procStr As String, hrdDrvStr As String

    Dim moReturn As Management.ManagementObjectCollection

    Dim moSearch As Management.ManagementObjectSearcher

    Dim mo As Management.ManagementObject

    moSearch = New Management.ManagementObjectSearcher("Select * from
    Win32_Processor")

    moReturn = moSearch.Get

    For Each mo In moReturn

    procStr = Trim(mo("ProcessorID"))

    Next

    moSearch = New Management.ManagementObjectSearcher("Select * from
    Win32_PhysicalMedia")

    moReturn = moSearch.Get

    For Each mo In moReturn

    hrddrvStr = Trim(mo("SerialNumber"))

    Next

    There's a start for you...........

    BUC

    > being an admin wouldn't be a problem.
    >
    > "Gerry Hickman" <gerry666uk@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> Sameh Ahmed wrote:
    >>
    >>> well actually, I need to use these info in a software I am working on
    >>> so I can't use a ready made application, I need it programmatically.
    >>
    >> Firstly, the information you would get would be shaky, in fact you'd be
    >> lucky to get anything. Secondly it would only work if you were running as
    >> an Admin of the remote box.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Gerry Hickman (London UK)

Framework Microsoft Processors Windows XP